inspired - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 05:06 PM
inspired

Who here has been artistically inspired by U2 in one way or another? I will admit that watching Bono do all these charitable deeds has influenced me in becoming a good person and that influence has made me more artistic for the better.

Old 06-16-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:06 PM
My love for U2 propelled me to become a writer/journalist. Which was a blessing, since writing is the one thing I've always been able to do easily. I was going down the "acting" road before.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
My love for U2 propelled me to become a writer/journalist. Which was a blessing, since writing is the one thing I've always been able to do easily. I was going down the "acting" road before.
I am a journalist as well Kitty. I write my own 'zine and Bono has kind of influenced me to be more politically involved through my writing.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
Refugee

OMG, this is a great topic. and a great one at that to break me into the 700th post.
u2 have inspired me like no other. i was going through a hard time a number of years ago and there music and also the individuals that they are helped me to get out of it. i could say that i was "stuck in a long long moment:. also, im a religious individual but i have problems with how some religious individuals throw it in your face. or use religion for unholy uses. and u2 yes they are religious but they dont throw it in your face. there music has religious undertones but they dont slam it over your head.

u2 also have inspired me to be a better person and DREAM OUT LOUD!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #5
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by RickFly
OMG, this is a great topic. and a great one at that to break me into the 700th post.
u2 have inspired me like no other. i was going through a hard time a number of years ago and there music and also the individuals that they are helped me to get out of it. i could say that i was "stuck in a long long moment:. also, im a religious individual but i have problems with how some religious individuals throw it in your face. or use religion for unholy uses. and u2 yes they are religious but they dont throw it in your face. there music has religious undertones but they dont slam it over your head.

u2 also have inspired me to be a better person and DREAM OUT LOUD!
Truthfully Rickfly, I am not a religious music but I find U2's music to be spiritually uplifting and it was U2's songs that made me feel better.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:56 AM   #6
Refugee

U2 have inspired me in alot of ways, for a long time in my life, but mainly to keep seeking my way to my dream. First, through school, then on to my own business. Their music has inspired me through good times and bad times in my life, but I DO have a life. That said, they keep inspiring me..
Old 06-19-2004, 12:58 AM   #7
Refugee

PS. oh, Congrats Rickfly on your 700th!! Keep it up!
Old 06-20-2004, 04:50 AM   #8
War Child

Local Time: 06:06 PM
I'm not a really artistic person, so I can't say U2 has particularly inspired me that way. But in life in general, they definitely have inspired me. First and foremost, to believe in music as a force for good and to realise that there can still be hopeful music in this age of generally depressing and/or simplistic songs. Also, to see the good that individuals can do - and not necessarily U2 themselves but for the support they've given to other charities, topolitical leaders who they've inspired to look at social justice, and so on.

I just really love this band!
Old 06-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 12:06 PM
i just graduated with a bachelors in fine arts. i have been listening ot u2 since 97 but really got into them when atyclb came out. after that i bought their albums and found 'pop' and 'ab' so honest and different then what i heard before by other musicians. its helped me accept my ideas instead of rejecting them before they even get on canvas or paper. ive just completed my senior year work and its beyond what i ever expected from myself. ive used weather as a metaphor for the constant changes and pressures that people experience.

ive turned to writing alot of my ideas down and sometimes find u2-esque style of writing in my notes, not that im a lyricist or musician. in the meantime i attempted to play guitar but really had to crack down on the paintings. will go back to it soon though.

ive also turned into more of a people person. they preach humanity so well that i have a hard time turning my back to people, so much that its almost never an issue that id do that. i find alot of people who lack that consideration, so these are a few ways the band has inspired me, not just artistically.

great thread. i can keep this up for a very long time
id like to hear what others here have done, especially all of you humble art majors
Old 06-21-2004, 09:43 AM   #10
The Fly

Local Time: 04:06 AM
U2 inspired me to get my musically inclined friends together and try to start a band (with me as lead singer). We did and now i think it's the best thing i have ever done, i've been learning to play guitar and we meet everyweek, sometimes twice a week and we jam and record songs.

Best idea i ever had