I'm loosing my U2 and I don't want to!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indra said:

Just because they can.

Actually, I don't know if they can or not. But it was fun to make you wonder. A little paranoia can be a good thing. Keeps one from getting cocky. :D
I have a very paranoid personality and cocky is my middle name. What's a girl ta do?
wiggle2.gif

What's funny about this is you've been turned off to U2 sounding like U2 (HTDAAB) by a band who are simply a modern rip off of Joy Division. An artist who created their own sound, and seem to be revelling in it, are supplanted by a band who are completely unoriginal.

It's really sad.

MrBrau1 said:
What's funny about this is you've been turned off to U2 sounding like U2 (HTDAAB) by a band who are simply a modern rip off of Joy Division. An artist who created their own sound, and seem to be revelling in it, are supplanted by a band who are completely unoriginal.

It's really sad.

Well, I wouldn't say that Interpol is a COMPLETE ripoff of Joy Division. But you have somewhat of a point nonetheless.

salim117 said:

I didn't let it happen!:grumpy: It's just my current state.

For someone to admit that U2 is no longer their favorite band in the world ... and they're NOT excited about U2's concerts as THEY SHOULD BE ... now, that does indeed sound like YOU let that happen !!
:yes:

Last edited:
If this is all really true, why do you hang out here? Not being a smart@$$, just genuinely curious. You're a walking contradiction and you're in denial my friend! You're smitten and there's no hope. No return. You in it for the long haul and you know it! :wink:

XHendrix24 said:

Well, I wouldn't say that Interpol is a COMPLETE ripoff of Joy Division. But you have somewhat of a point nonetheless.

I like Interpol. They're really good. But they're core sound is not original at all.

Trying to feel something out of obligation is a dreadful thing. It will never resonate. C.S. Lewis recognized this, and that's why he wrote fiction like the Chronicles of Narnia. He figured that through fairy tales, he could present the Gospel message to people who were turned off by the Bible and all the baggage associated with it.

If someone is not excited about U2 now, that's just how it goes. In time, they'll feel the spark again.

2Hearts said:
If someone is not excited about U2 now, that's just how it goes. In time, they'll feel the spark again.

And maybe they won't, but it really not that big of a deal. Plenty of very good bands around. Whatever works for you is what you should listen to.

starsgoblue said:
Then I'll have to get this dang U2 tattoo removed :yikes:

I've often wondered about that, all those guys who have the Van Halen 1984 tattoo, the girls with the New Kids on the Block tattoo, or I've even the Queensryche tattoo...how do they feel now?

With U2 you can still say it has meaning(even if you don't really like the new album or tour) but what do you do with the others?

starsgoblue said:
I hope I never get disillusioned with the boys. Then I'll have to get this dang U2 tattoo removed :yikes:

I doubt it though---I've too many fond memories assoiciated with them and thier songs. :)

Stars... what kind of Tatoo do you have? I was thinking of a Joshua Tree on my leg.......

Nothing wrong with that! Go discover other bands, give U2 a break and later come back and listen to their stuff. You may change your mind. :wink: Just don't expect another Achtung, Zooropa or Pop. Htdaab is about as good as they'll get from now on I think. :|

Now Zoot....you've have AB and Zooropa for how many years now? Those albums have grown on you and have been with you for a long time. Give HTTAB a chance to spread out through your life and whatnot.

Remember hearing AB after Joshua Tree? That was a shocker! Now I love it.

starsgoblue said:
Now Zoot....you've have AB and Zooropa for how many years now? Those albums have grown on you and have been with you for a long time. Give HTTAB a chance to spread out through your life and whatnot.

Remember hearing AB after Joshua Tree? That was a shocker! Now I love it.

Badda Bing! 2004 is just like 1991 all over again. Why can't AB be JT? Why can't HTDAAB be Pop?

starsgoblue said:

yeah well.... actually it's funny but after wednesday's excellent show, I've listened to HTDAAB at least 4 times in 2 days. :wink:

:yes: See?

After the shows I've seen this tour I now have some actual sentiment/memories attached to them. I'll even share a little bit. I've been to three shows so far this tour. I took my mother to one--it was her first U2 show ever even though she got me into them. I've seen the woman cry twice my whole life. She bawled during Sometimes....that was a precious moment for me. The song has value. The rest of the album too. It's taken on new meaning....because I've lived it. U2 albums are sleepers....

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
:yes: See?

After the shows I've seen this tour I now have some actual sentiment/memories attached to them. I'll even share a little bit. I've been to three shows so far this tour. I took my mother to one--it was her first U2 show ever even though she got me into them. I've seen the woman cry twice my whole life. She bawled during Sometimes....that was a precious moment for me. The song has value. The rest of the album too. It's taken on new meaning....because I've lived it. U2 albums are sleepers....

wow... nice to hear that your mom's a big fan! :up:

and you've seen them 3 times already during this tour??? I'm sooo jealous. :wink: How the hell did you manage to get the tickets? I couldn't even get mine on ticketmaster. Had to fight for them on ebay.

Any time I find myself drifting from U2, listening to certain radio stations somehow brings me back. Let me explain.

At work, they used to have one radio station on, ALL THE TIME, oldies. For a while I had to wonder, was there only 25 songs, made in the 1950's--1960's, and the Beatles and the Stones?!

My car has 10 presets, and I use 5 of them. This is just how I've been with music, U2 was the first band or artist who I really got in to. Before I was strictly a "song by song" person. A radio station with a very rigid play list, drives me crazy.

The U2 digital box set has what, 400 songs, at least. One band, 400 songs, how is it radio can be so rigid?

There's this new radio station, plays a bunch of songs, but not a whole lot of repeat songs, except Beatles songs. Real mismash of a playlist, and I enjoy it.

What are they playing at work?, a soft rock station with a pretty rigid setlist, and U2 may fall into different genres, but soft rock apparently isn't one of them.

Having listened to this station for about 6 months, 5 days a week, the only U2 song that falls under "soft rock" is "With or Without You" but it was only played as a request a few times for their "love song dedication hour." *Odd choice, must have some rocky relationships I guess. *

I like Bryan Adams, but he has more than 2 songs to his name.

I've heard Interpol too, they're okay. I started getting into U2 in 2000. In 5 years time, no other band, past or present, has yet to upsurp U2's position as my favorite band.

Many excellent points made in this thread! Hey I personally lost contact with U2 circa 94-97 (I HATED Pop then) and was listening to a lot of REM, Grant Lee Buffalo, Buffalo Tom etc. Now I've had my head turned by people like The Killers, Bloc Party etc. But watching all the live DVDs reminds me exactly why I will always love this band over all others. :yes:

I love other bands other then U2 but u2 are my favourite, but I feel never picklet the song come to you, so stick your WMP on random with all your libary and let faith pick your music

MsMofoGone said:

For someone to admit that U2 is no longer their favorite band in the world ... and they're NOT excited about U2's concerts as THEY SHOULD BE ... now, that does indeed sound like YOU let that happen !!
:yes:

I still hang out here cause I am still a fan and have a connection to U2 and their music that spans almost two decades!

My point was that lately their music isn't tugging at my heart strings like it used to just a short time back.

Zootlesque said:
Nothing wrong with that! Go discover other bands, give U2 a break and later come back and listen to their stuff. You may change your mind.

True, that's what I did...only problem was it was RIGHT BEFORE 'HTDAAB' came out...so I was heavily into Devo and Jeff Buckley and discovering a ton of new music and by the time U2's latest offering came out I just didn't FEEL it except for three or four tracks!! :| Then came DAFT PUNK...and when I went back to U2 it was for some of the remixes!!! :| But yeah, I did that Joshua Tree thingy and put all the B-sides on and just went out cycling in the evenings and it brought back EVERYTHING from four years ago when I first heard U2 and that album...which really did change my life! It's odd.

Back
Top Bottom