If you had to choose one song that went on forever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
What would it be? U2 or not U2...I just want to know. This doesn't neccesarily mean it's your favorite song, but the song you always want to have no end and would love for it to keep going....keep going....

Just one, no cheaters.

I'd say "Bad". Just keep the drums going, the guitars going and the "fade, fade away"'s going.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

well I would say streets... but maybe thats too predictable...

Hahaha If I had a million dollars! Id like to see what they could come up with to make the lyrics last forever hahaha

------------------
"The less you have, the harder you fight for it."

Grace seems to go on forever, but in a good way... I suppose

smile.gif

------------------
Pictures in grey...

[This message has been edited by Dorian Gray (edited 09-30-2001).]

Um the beginning of the song Zooropa.

sleep2.gif

Blarg.

(I love the song though)

------------------
I Hear Voices, Ridiculous Voices

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
well I would say streets... but maybe thats too predictable...

Hahaha If I had a million dollars! Id like to see what they could come up with to make the lyrics last forever hahaha

You could easily have the fadeout of Streets loop back to the beginning (not the very beginning with the organs, but where the guitar enters).

Without a doubt, Lemon.

In my opinion in terms of production, Lemon is the most perfect, seamless, repeatable song they've ever done. I can listen to Lemon once or 8934 times on repeat and never even notice it looped. I love that song more each time I listen to it. That is MY perfect U2 song, never ending, never starting, just perfect. I love the music, the lyrics, the sound, the vibe, the attitude, the swagger, the falsetto, the utter uniqueness of it, the only way to describe it is just....seamless.

I am forever in awe of this song. It could loop in my mind until death an I would still be in awe of it. That reminds me once again of U2's genius. How can they be so amazing.
confused.gif

------------------
This post brought to you by: Medea. "And women, though most helpless in doing good deeds, are of every evil the cleverest of contrivers."

AIM: JuanSwallow

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 09-30-2001).]

Ditto Johnny. I often find myself listening to it compulsively on repeat.

I remember reading somewhere that they almost scrapped Lemon because it sounded too Talking Heads-ish. Maybe that's why I love it so much--I LOVE the Talking Heads.

------------------
what the hell is Goofy anyway?

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 09-30-2001).]

cool topic!!
The intro to where the streets have no name can never get old

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

Lemon good choice too..

I could listen to "Midnight...Is Where Te Day Begins" 1,000 times.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

One...

I said to my friends...if I could have chosen only one song to be played at the last concert, only one, it would be "One." It is absolutely the world's most perfect song. It's filled iwth so much emotion and such a great message. I wake up to it. I go to sleep with it. I have countless versions. I'm one-obsessed.

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Neil Young - Like a Hurricane
U2 - Lemon
Aphex Twin - Girl/Boy-song

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Running to Stand Still... it's so beautiful! And I love how it builds.

Lemon was a good, funkier choice, too.

------------------
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." -- Jesse Jackson

rolleyes.gif

GET YOUR OWN SONG YOU LEMMINGS, LEMON BELONGS TO ME!!!
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 10-01-2001).]

Damn Swollow...you beat me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Actually, I would love for the middle 8 of Lemon to just go on and on and on and on into ambiant heaven. Some day, I just may do a ripoff of lemon like that

*popkid dreams of the day he can sit in a real recording studio and do such a thing*

Nothing like ripping off a good idea........

------------------
To use the old hippy saying, it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at. And right now. If you're listening to this CD, you're already watching the sunset in your mind, feeling the heat on your skin and whilling away the hours. Simply chilled. Best way to keep it, really. -Matthew Kershaw - Ibiza Sunset.

*pelts JS w/ lemons*
mad.gif

RTSS, WOWY, and Like a Song.

smile.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

U2 - Please--it's so emotional live, when Bono lets it all out and howls

non-U2...

Bob Dylan - Don't think twice, it's alright--probably one of the top 100 songs ever

Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer-- ditto

my 2cents

mmb

------------------
And as the book says, "we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

Neil Young is my hero. I am naming my second son after him.

------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Back
Top Bottom