If You Could Be a Fly On A U2 Wall...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
...what wall would it be? And why?

Would it be a band meal, a band tour rehearsal, an album recording session, etc?

As a writer, this would be a hard choice for me. A studio session would be tremendous, but I think tour rehearsals would be "it" for me - I love raw, intimate performances, and that would be the best! And who knows, U2 could always have a jam and create a new song right then and there - or rehearse an old one like "Red Hill Mining Town" or something ;)

There is so much to choose from! I would love to have been there in the early days when they were trying to get it all together and didn't have a clue. I'd love to let them know how great them would become.

HelloAngel said:
...what wall would it be? And why?

Would it be a band meal, a band tour rehearsal, an album recording session, etc?

As a writer, this would be a hard choice for me. A studio session would be tremendous, but I think tour rehearsals would be "it" for me - I love raw, intimate performances, and that would be the best! And who knows, U2 could always have a jam and create a new song right then and there - or rehearse an old one like "Red Hill Mining Town" or something ;)

Ditto! OR a fly on the wall of their tour plane, but tour rehearsal would be the s@!t for me!!!

Tour rehearsal with a video camera. Because I would be such a high-tech fly.

I would have to say that I would love to buzzzz around their dinner table during the Zooropa tour and hear the shit they dealt with concerning Adam's drinking and such. And speaking of "shit," It would be incredibly hard to resist following one of the band members to the bathroom. The opportunity to sit on their shit (as a fly) would be like us going to Heaven. :D

emm it would be for me the planning ..sitting at a table throwing ideas around .. getting down dirty an creative.

But a tour rehersal.. that would be fantastic to see how they work through that..U2 raw brilliant

Roland of Gilead said:
I would have to say that I would love to buzzzz around their dinner table during the Zooropa tour and hear the shit they dealt with concerning Adam's drinking and such. And speaking of "shit," It would be incredibly hard to resist following one of the band members to the bathroom. The opportunity to sit on their shit (as a fly) would be like us going to Heaven. :D

:lol:

Erm...I'm going to have to say I'd love to be a fly on the wall at a bar with U2 celebrating the completion of one of thier albums! I'd love to be able to hear them talk about what their hopes are for the LP and what they believed they've expressed. It'd be pretty funny to see them goofing around, giddy and buzzed on excitment and beer!

That's a hard question, but I think I would have to be a fly on the wall for a band tour rehearsal. I would love to be able to hear raw music, and maybe have the chance to see and hear the development of a new song. That would be the most amazing thing, I think.

I'd rather do the Bill Flanagan thing... write a biography and getting the behind the scenes story... like conversations about art and philosophy at a local Dublin pub.

I'd like to be a fly at Hansa Ton in 1990-91 when they were having all those troubles. Just to really see how bad it got.

Being from Sydney, and having attended the only concert that a member of the band didn't play, i have to say being the fly on the wall when they were discsssuing what to do on november 26 1993, probably around 2-3pm when it was clear that adam was well and truly, "tired and emotional" as they say.:drunk: :barf: :faint:

Last edited:
Good topic. I would want to be a fly on the dressing room wall. Not for "those reasons" :p but 'cause I have always been curious what band members say to each other before they hit the stage etc. I only wouldn't mind looking at Larry dress :p

Back
Top Bottom