I liked "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" better when it was called "Bad&quot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobH

The Fly
I liked "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" better when it was called "Bad&quot

Oh, wait a minute....

No actually I liked it better when it was called "All I want Is You"...but

It was also decent when it was called "With or Without You"

I also liked it better when it was called a ballad there is no crime in writting multiple great ballads infact its what a band called The Beatles made a career out of.

I much prefer the U2 fans who can poke a little fun at the band.

aw...coming from another Jersey boy like myself, that really hurts..we gotta stick together!!

Bergen County...yah know, just outside the center of the universe.

Re: I liked "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" better when it was called "Bad&

RobH said:
Oh, wait a minute....

You must have something better to do with your time knob.

RobH said:
I much prefer the U2 fans who can poke a little fun at the band.

No kidding! Some of my favorite discussions about any band I like are the "What were they thinking?!?" ones. And if a band's been around a while there is always soooo much fodder.

I just always wonder about those that can't find humour in the antics of their favorite band. :shrug:

Thank you, Indra...we probably wouldn't be in here if we didn't like U2, but I'm not going to deify them...I'll leave that to Creed.

So basically, what you are saying Robh, is that every slower U2 song is exaclty the same, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

Repetitiveness is annoying. First post, kind of funny, I'll admit. After that, it got old. Very quicky.

indra said:

No kidding! Some of my favorite discussions about any band I like are the "What were they thinking?!?" ones. And if a band's been around a while there is always soooo much fodder.

I just always wonder about those that can't find humour in the antics of their favorite band. :shrug:

Oh please...you haven't noticed the blatant trolls all over this place starting stupid threads to get a reaction? please try and observe what is going on before sauntering in with your smug proclamations.

ylimeU2 said:
So basically, what you are saying Robh, is that every slower U2 song is exaclty the same, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?
Oh my God, Nelly posts here.

YOUR SONG SUCKS.

Sleep Over Jack said:

Oh please...you haven't noticed the blatant trolls all over this place starting stupid threads to get a reaction? please try and observe what is going on before sauntering in with your smug proclamations.

I've observed plenty here, one of those things being that sadly a sense of humour seems to be missing in quite a few U2 fans (including yourself). If you don't like a thread, don't post in it and it will go away (I would think that since you are so observant, you would have figured that out by now...you must be slipping dear). And talk about smug proclaimations.... :eyebrow:

Lighten up a bit -- it helps untwist your undies.

poking fun at the band is one thing...

but this thread is completely devoid of any and all humour...

if you're going to poke fun, at least make it funny? I laugh at jick's posts more than this.. and I think he might actually mean what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom