i hope this isn't the Fly thats going to be in U23D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i hope this isn't the Fly thats going to be in U23D

MrBrau1 said:

Don't click it.

Cut and paste it.

OMG Fly Boston, THAT WAS BLODDY BRILLANT...BRILLANT I TELL YOU!

IF U23D IS ANYTHING LIKE THAT...

Now I'm really excited

:hyper: :hyper:

1. Zoo TV Tour
2. (close second) Vertigo Tour
10,000. Elevation Tour

That's all you need to know about The Fly.

I always thought the Zoo TV Tour version was like a more boring version of what ended up on the Vertigo Tour. It's practically the exact same set up, just Bono isn't in character. The performances of it, especially on the Sydney DVD always seemed kinda meh. Like it had no energy to it. Plus the whole letters flashing across the screen so I couldn't see the band, and fast camera changes really bugged me. Which is funny considering people complained about the bad direction of the post-2000 DVD's but never seem to mind this one.

Fucking hell, I forgot how great Edge's guitarwork is on the Vertigo tour Fly. He's fucking amazing.....love the loop effect.

Awww, but why? They wussied up the Elevation version of the Fly. It's like the Kidz Bop version :(

Canadiens1160 said:
Awww, but why? They wussied up the Elevation version of the Fly. It's like the Kidz Bop version :(

:up:

It sounds good, but the life is sucked right out of it. Can't stand it in comparison to ZooTV or Vertigo arrangements.

I think the best version of the Fly is the one you are in the room for. The whole effect doesn't transfer well on DVD/bootlegs for some reason. I came out of one of the Sydney Vertigo shows thinking 'holy hell' and expecting the Fly to be an absolute standout, it was just f*cking loud and absolutely blistering, but then it just sounds pretty pedestrian. Didn't feel like that live though, felt like the whole stadium was going to collapse.

I never have been able to understand why people like The Fly better on Elevation. It's a guitar song, and they fucked up the sound of the guitar. That ruins it, for me.

omg i just listened to the fly from Sao Paulo again, HOLY SHIT. this is really up there with the most intense U2 performances...WOW!!!

Larry REALLY goes insane at the end, he is so into it...it's great to watch...and the end is unbelievable...the combination of bono going crazy and edge getting higher and higher....THIS ROCKS!

vaz02 said:
Am i the only one who cant stand the fly from ZOO TV ?

BUT BUT

:sad:

I LOVE ZOO T.V FLY!

He was brillant, a visionary I tell you! (What is there not to like?)

JKJKJK

theFly51 said:
you guys have to love the ZooTV version...it started it all!! :wink:

TRUE THAT!

1flypeace.jpg

Where did he go...WHERE DID YOU GO FLY?

*"Baby Come Back" playing in the backround:

"FLY COME BACK TO ME any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
FLY COME BACK TO ME, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you...

I'M SORRY "POP" CAME OUT I REALLLLLLLLLLY AM..."

:sad:

HAHAHA...that was good fun

Last edited:
OrARoundabout said:
*"Baby Come Back" playing in the backround:

"FLY COME BACK TO ME any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
FLY COME BACK TO ME, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you...

Oh my god. Obscure 70s one hit wonder shout out!

PLAYER!!!!! :rockon:

:lol:

Jeannieco said:
OrARoundabout, have you never watch BOSTON ELEVATION?
OMG, you must buy this! It's an amazing show.
Streets on this dvd changed my life!!

I'VE SEEN IT!

(Brillant by the way, one of the best "Elevation" performances I've seen...somehow I just skipped over it whenever I was watching vids from that tour, silly me..)

And I sure as hell will buy the DVD on my next trip to BestBuy!

FWIW, this is what some dude called "DanM519" wrote over at IMDB.com after he saw a preview version of U23D last May:

"I really think the quality of the film will depend on what they do before the release. I saw the incomplete cut (55 minutes) back in May and I think there is potential for it to be great. The majority of the film, while being in 3D, really didnt do that much to blow me away. It was the sort of thing that was kind of cool for a while, but didn't particularly amaze me. It suffered from the problems that I think a lot of concert films have (i.e. it doesn't really have the same feeling as being there that you might hope to achieve)

However, towards the end of the film they featured what I believe was a completed (or at least close to completed) version of "The Fly" which I thought was awesome, because it really utilized the 3D. While the majority of the film was just the band performing in 3D, this sequence built on that and had additional text and images flying across the screen and I think that if the rest of the film ends up looking like that sequence did, then I think it will be great."

4U2Play said:
FWIW, this is what some dude called "DanM519" wrote over at IMDB.com after he saw a preview version of U23D last May:

"I really think the quality of the film will depend on what they do before the release. I saw the incomplete cut (55 minutes) back in May and I think there is potential for it to be great. The majority of the film, while being in 3D, really didnt do that much to blow me away. It was the sort of thing that was kind of cool for a while, but didn't particularly amaze me. It suffered from the problems that I think a lot of concert films have (i.e. it doesn't really have the same feeling as being there that you might hope to achieve)

However, towards the end of the film they featured what I believe was a completed (or at least close to completed) version of "The Fly" which I thought was awesome, because it really utilized the 3D. While the majority of the film was just the band performing in 3D, this sequence built on that and had additional text and images flying across the screen and I think that if the rest of the film ends up looking like that sequence did, then I think it will be great."

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thats sounds great!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i hope this isn't the Fly thats going to be in U23D

OrARoundabout said:

^Yo no veo!
The link isn't working! (I really want to see this, everyone is faving about it)

I burned the audio off that DVD It sounds so :drool: on my ipod.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i hope this isn't the Fly thats going to be in U23D

Justin24 said:

I burned the audio off that DVD It sounds so :drool: on my ipod.

jealous

Back
Top Bottom