How well did Bono know Pavoratti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I know U2 wrote Miss Sarajevo for him and preformed with him and Bono preformed with him for Pavoratti and Friends but I am looking for more details. It seems like they were close friends

I found this online its a radio clip of Bono talking about Pavoratti just after his death

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dgssNnwoLc

I found it interesting Bono talks about visiting him and about his family. He also talks about speaking to him right before he died and speaking to his wife after. I guess Bono was going to go see him in the hospital. It seems he was pertty close with him. he also talks about how he learned about singing from him and says he is a better singer for having known him.

if anyone knows anything about there relationship I would be interested in hearing it

i've heard that it was Pavarotti who asked Bono to participate in the War Child benefit concert, (not the other way around as I would've guessed)... not sure though if this was before or after they recorded "Miss Sarajevo" together, and I've never heard any accounts of how they first met.

yea i thought the youtube video (audio) was coll because I had never even heard that Bono talked about him after his death usualy thats the kind of thing that would get posted on U2 @ U2 or somthing

it was cool to hear bono talk about him and opera music in general he seems to know quite a bit about it

I have seen and heard two interviews with Bono after Pavarotti's death, plus there is that beautiful official statement from U2 dot com. They were all over this board and other U2 sites as well. There were also articles about Bono attending the funeral in Modena.

I think they were close and had a lot of respect for each other. Bono mentioned Luciano a lot during the Vertigo tour.

Back
Top Bottom