Hard U2 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
october(october), war(the refugee), the unforgettable fire(the unforgettable fire), rattle and hum(bullet), zooropa(zooropa), all that you can't leave behind(walk on), and how to dismantle an atomic bomb(fast cars). I swear i did this without looking at the responses above

manwiththespinninhead said:
can anyone name the u2 albums where the title of that album is mentioned on one of the album tracks?

Do you mean as a song title, or as a lyric?

Boy? How does this fit as either? Bit of a stretch.

UF is of course a song title, but where is it a lyric?

HTDAAB is close, but the actual lyric, from Fast Cars, is "Out in the desert to dismantle an atomic bomb".

Re: Re: Hard U2 Question

biff said:

Do you mean as a song title, or as a lyric?

Boy? How does this fit as either? Bit of a stretch.

UF is of course a song title, but where is it a lyric?

HTDAAB is close, but the actual lyric, from Fast Cars, is "Out in the desert to dismantle an atomic bomb".

Boy, BOY stupid BOY

'Achtung Baby' is not on the album version of The Fly. so I wouldn't count it. And HTDAAB is different from They're in the desert to dismantle an atomic bomb.

Nisse probably has it right.

"Achtung Baby" can be heard very faintly at 2:17 on The Fly (not 2:25 as stated earlier) so I would say it does count

Boy (Twilight: In the shadows, boy meets man)
October (October: October, and the trees are stripped bare)
War (The Refugee: Her papa go to war)
Under A Blood Red Sky (New Year's Day: Under a blood red sky, a crowd has gathered)
Rattle And Hum (Bullet The Blue Sky: In a howling wind, comes a rattle and hum)
Achtung Baby (The Fly: Achtung baby)
Zooropa (Zooropa: Zooropa... Vorsprung durch Technik)
All That You Can't Leave Behind (Walk On: The only baggage you can bring, is all that you can't leave behind)

Man, I have never, no matter how hard I try, heard Bono say "Achtung Baby" on the single or album version of the song. I've heard it on the video version, but not the CD version. I could be wrong, but I don't hear it.

I've never heard it either. I half-suspect it's something someone made up, and everyone else just keeps repeating it. At the risk of getting PLEBAn, THE BONO HAS NO CLOTHES.

Regarding Boy, 'boy' is used in three songs (I Will Follow, Twilight, The Electric Co.) and 'boys' in two (Out Of Control, Stories For Boys). 'Boy' four and 'boys' three if you include other songs from the Boy era (Boy/Girl and 11 O'clock Tick Tock).

And that's just those I can think of, maybe there's more instances.

Axver said:
Regarding Boy, 'boy' is used in three songs (I Will Follow, Twilight, The Electric Co.) and 'boys' in two (Out Of Control, Stories For Boys). 'Boy' four and 'boys' three if you include other songs from the Boy era (Boy/Girl and 11 O'clock Tick Tock).

And that's just those I can think of, maybe there's more instances.

:nerd:

:wink:

Kaitlyn-U2 said:

i want to hear that

what time on the cd maybe i can find it?
I believe it is right before Edge's solo part. he says Achtung Baby, which my brother told me that in German it means attention. I know people from Germany, on this thread know more about what it means then I do.:wink: :wink:

I can hear the "achtung, baby" on the album version with my headphones. It's more faint than it is on the AB video, but it's there. You can hear it from 2:16 to 2:17.

Back
Top Bottom