Happy Tenth Birthday 'Passengers: Original Soundtracks Vol 1'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
It's already November 6 in some places, and the Passengers record was released on November 6/7(Europe/Rest Of World), 1995, so it is officially Passengers' tenth birthday!

Slug :drool:
Your Blue Room :drool:
Always Forever Now :drool:
A Different Kind Of Blue :drool:
Miss Sarajevo :drool:
Theme From The Swan :drool:
Theme From Let's Go Native :drool:

Happy birthday to an absolutely breath-takingly brilliant side-project that I know I am not the only one who wishes U2 would've been courageous enough to release it under their own name :wink:

:heart:

Last edited:
Larry wouldn't let them.:wink:

And yes, it's magnificent. I still listen to it really often (more often than several "real" U2 albums).

This is my favourite album from the nineties. Now I'm just waiting for all of you to call me a heretic. :wink:

Yes, happy birthday indeed. This album (apart from a few small hiccups, i,e..."Elvis Ate America") is pure brilliance.

You forgot to put "One Minute Warning" and Beach Sequence on that list. "Corpse" is a great track as well.

i have never heard the album, ive had chances to download, or test some track, but ive tried to hold of until i actually find it and buy the dam thing, but its so hard (i dont like internet shopping)

eh...

a different kind of blue never did anything for me... i wouldn't consider that track to have been influence at all by any member of U2... it seems to me to be an outtake from an ENO solo album...

but i think that....

Always Forever Now (Larry sounds great here)
Beach Sequence
Slug
Miss Sarajevo
Corpse
One Minute Warning (Great drums)

are all great
and

YOUR BLUE ROOM is truly a masterpiece

Theme from let's go native seems too close to their early nineties stuff,... it almost seems to want to be Zoo Station or The Fly, at least in the bassline... too similar for me to ever get really interested in it... seemed like an outtake or remix or demo version of earlier stuff...

hard to say what their best nineties album is... but this is definitely a good one.

But i really love their nineties stuff... more than any other era, so it is really difficult.

I wonder what this album would have sounded like had they fused it with the Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me idea and really stretched the recording process and turned it into a U2 album proper...

that would be interesting.

Happy birthday Passengers OS1! :happy:

You are much more Brian Eno's child than you are U2's though!

Happy Birthday, "Passengers" :applaud:

Slug
Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Miss Sarajevo
Theme From "Let's Go Native"

My absolute favorites from this album !! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The only songs I hear on a regular basis are Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room. But it's really great to pick this album from time to time, when I want to relax or while studying. It creates some great landscapes.

I would probably like it more than October if it had not that Elvis Ate America rubbish. This way it's #12. But I need to listen to it once in a while.

i like these threads because you can tell the one who started them has been counting down the days and hoping no-one else gets their first :wink:

Passengers = the shiznit, I love it

Always Forever Now
Slug
Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo
Corpse
United Colors of Plutonium
A Different Kind of Blue

are all some of my favorite songs of their 90s work

Also wasn't this the album that influenced Radiohead to be more experimental?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Is that really true? :ohmy: I somehow doubt it.

Passengers is awesome! :love:

Bono, if you're reading this... I want an Original Soundtracks 2, damnit!!! :grumpy:

Zootlesque said:

Is that really true? :ohmy: I somehow doubt it.

I remember reading it somewhere, I don't remember though

Although the song Kid A sounds a lot like something that would be on Passengers IMO

Happy birthday!

Don't want to loose my shirt....
Don't want to dig the dirt....
Don't want you to get hurt...
Can't help it, I'm a flirt....
Don't want to take your drug...
Don't want to be your slug.......

LemonMacPhisto said:

Always Forever Now
Slug
Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo
Corpse
A Different Kind of Blue

I've always believed so.

Am I the only one apart from Larry who doesnt get this album.

Slug (ok)
Your blue room (cool actually)
Miss Sarajevo (Brill)
Elvis Ate America (is funny)

The rest is not worth what its recorded on.

Its an awful album, it was so bad i actually took it back to the shop ten years ago to get my money back.

I only recently reaquired it maybe 5 years ago cos i saw it for £2 and even then it was painful parting with my money.

Sorry I just dont get it.
Please dont tell me I am the only one.

:mad:

ClaytonMan said:

Please dont tell me I am the only one.

:mad:

Oh, you most certainly are not.

Apart from Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room, the material on here is strictly average-aweful by U2/Eno standards.

Now, I certainly isn't a U2 album, but I ALMOST consider it a Brian Eno album, almost like My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. Only, this is a poor poor effort from Brian Eno.

Lancemc said:

Apart from Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room, the material on here is strictly average-aweful by U2/Eno standards.

Now, I certainly isn't a U2 album, but I ALMOST consider it a Brian Eno album, almost like My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. Only, this is a poor poor effort from Brian Eno.

It's a U2 album. Period.

Lancemc said:

Of course not. Apart from Miss Sarajevo and Your blue room I found Passengers spectacularly boring.

As A Bet to myself last night, I put it on to see if my opinions of the album have changed at all over the years, because you never know,
and you will never guess what......................

I still found it AWFUL :sad:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Always Forever Now
Slug
Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo
Corpse
A Different Kind of Blue

i always tell people that there would have been no OK COMPUTER without ZOOROPA and PASSENGERS...

that usually gets me in trouble with the SPIN MAGAZINE reading music snobs... but deep down they know i am right!

always forever now is pretty brilliant too. i remember riding in the car with a friend who grew up on house and hip-hop, and thought that song was incredible.

onebloodonelife said:
I've never heard the album:reject:

Now, the rock throwing may begin...

Do yourself a favor and don't bother.

If you have the 2-disc Best of 90-00 set U2 released in 2002, then you have the best of the album anyway "Miss Sarajevo" and "Your Blue Room" (which despite the utter mediocrity of the rest of Passengers, this two tracks are phenominal:drool: )

Lancemc said:

Do yourself a favor and don't bother.

If you have the 2-disc Best of 90-00 set U2 released in 2002, then you have the best of the album anyway "Miss Sarajevo" and "Your Blue Room" (which despite the utter mediocrity of the rest of Passengers, this two tracks are phenominal:drool: )

How you don't like Always Forever Now... at least, is beyond me. :huh:

That's the next most accessible track. And then probably Slug.

Back
Top Bottom