Good U2 songs for an 18th birthday party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karlonthe2nd

The Fly
I'm having my 18th on the 3rd of Feb and want to make sure the best band in the world have some representatives on the music tracklist for it. So far the songs I have considered are:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Discotheque

I'm wondering if there are any other good U2 songs suited to a party atmosphere?

Well it's going to be mostly 17 - 20 year olds there and none of them are really huge U2 fans ( It's not that they don't like them, they just don't particularly love them) so I'm trying to pick songs that young drunk adults will enjoy.

I thought Out of control too, instantly! :) Because bono wrote it when he turned 18. Not that it's a bad song to play, that was just the reason I thought of it.. I'm rambling again..

Thank you all for your replies but I'm not sure The Fly would be well received as I don't think any non - U2 fans are that keen on it. As I say it's going to be mostly 17 - 20 year olds so most of the music played will be indie rock. I'm not too sure about Out of Control either, I was thinking more along the lines of their 90's stuff. Anyway thanks again for the input.

I would have to say:

Desire (always a fun song)
Lady With The Spinning Head
Mofo
Do You Feel Loved
Last Night On Earth
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
All Because of You
City of Blinding Lights

These are all pretty upbeat songs that would be well recieved in a party atmosphere.

If the people at the party are mostly into indie rock, I'd think that some early U2 wouldn't hurt - it's probably the U2 that's most like modern indie rock. Out of Control would be great.

But if you insist on going for 90's stuff, I'd think Lady With the Spinning Head, Desire (not quite 90's, but it's close enough), Last Night On Earth, and Do You Feel Loved on top of the stuff you've already listed. :)

I would definitely agree with Out of Control, Desire, Vertigo, and I'm also thinking along the lines of perhaps MWays, MOFO, the Fly, and depending on just how much U2 you'd want to play, add in Last Night on Earth and soe Discoteque. Have fun!

dang..i was of the opinion that you should put Out of Control on that list...and listen to Pop and Zooropa a bit and see what fits (I agree with Discotheque, Mofo, etc) Then I'd say maybe City of Blinding Lights as others have said

ImOuttaControl said:
I would have to say:

Desire (always a fun song)
Lady With The Spinning Head
Mofo
Do You Feel Loved
Last Night On Earth
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
All Because of You
City of Blinding Lights

These are all pretty upbeat songs that would be well recieved in a party atmosphere.

Good list :D

I'd play I Will Follow too :wink: .

Again thanks for all the replies. I think I'll go with-

Even Better Than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Discotheque
Mofo
Do You Feel Loved
Out of Control
Elevation
Vertigo
All Because of You
City of Blinding Lights

Although maybe 10 songs is pushing it but they all know what a massive U2 fan I am so they can like it or lump it!

Out of control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Redlight
A Sort Of Homecoming
I Still Haven't Found
Desire
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Ultraviolet
Mysterious Ways
Lemon
Mofo
Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Gone
Last Night On Earth
The Playboy Mansion
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
Crumbs
Miracle Drug
City Of Blinding Lights

who cares if your friends like it or not they're going to be drunk and its your birthday

My friends dedicated Out Of Control to me at my 18th birthday party!!! It was one of those moments when you feel really loved, because they're not even U2 fans... I guess they know me pretty well ;)

do you feel loved? im 21 and i dont think that would go down in "our" age group...its a bit meandering for a party. and maybe mofo is a bit intense..mind you it all depends on the crowd you have!

Back
Top Bottom