god has got your back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrieluvv

Refugee
just finished watchin bono live on c span....

hes so cool...

he has a way of showin people the bigger picture...
ya know?

did anyone else watch bono on c span this morning?

i thought bono gave a very eloquent and moving speach...
speach sounds too much like preach.....but he was great.

Missed it also. I looked at C-Span.org & it looks like they'll replay it tonight on C-Span3 at 9:26 pm. Didn't know they had 3 channels.. :wink:

I saw it and he is quite good. Of course it makes me cringe to see him complementing Bush so much, but like he said, he would meet with the devil if he had to.

I wish I could have seen it, but I was at school. I read the transcript, however, and it was really good. Although, I was a little disappointed that he didn't talk more about his own faith, but that's OK. I guess the fact that he was there at all is a testament to his faith.

And I am getting really tired of people complaining about Bono meeting Bush. The President is not the devil, OK?

Rachel D. said:
I wish I could have seen it, but I was at school. I read the transcript, however, and it was really good. Although, I was a little disappointed that he didn't talk more about his own faith, but that's OK. I guess the fact that he was there at all is a testament to his faith.

He did; in 3 words; I'm a believer.

JCOSTER said:
Rachel D. said:

He did; in 3 words; I'm a believer.
then i saw her face, now i'm a believer.
:wink:
its the first thing that came to my mind. hehe.

Im also tired of people having nothing but bad words for bush in a U2 forum. Talk about how well Bono spoke or what points he put out there, not how much you hate the president. Bush could have all of U2's albums and a pair of his own fly shades and people would still call him the anti-christ. oh brother.

Fantastic speech! Bono did a great job. The man's voice is a great gift to us all! :wink:

Lil'Bono said:

You're right he's not the devil, he's his son!!

I think the same could be said about most presidents - whether democrat or republican....and like the other poster said, this forum is about Bono - not how much we dislike the Pres....

MsGiggles said:

I think the same could be said about most presidents - whether democrat or republican....and like the other poster said, this forum is about Bono - not how much we dislike the Pres....

Well in that case .................. he's got a great arse,eh? :wink:

Rachel D. said:

And I am getting really tired of people complaining about Bono meeting Bush. The President is not the devil, OK?

I'm glad to see Bono meeting with Bush.

Don't worry, soon Bush will be gone, and then you'll have a new Republican to hate on for the most ridiculous reasons. :|

We all have a right to our opinions. That's what makes America so great. Happy weekend to you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom