Germans on Crack....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
How could the Germans rate this album so low? This album is incredible, this my third time around, and its getting better on every listen, especially the second half. But most of all, whats up with "A Man and a Woman?" This song is fucking incredible!!! The bassline by Adam when Bono comes in at the bridge and sings "little sister..." I think its one of the strongest songs on the album now. It's just how Bono described it, a great summer song, sitting on the stoop in NYC! :wink: WHOOOO!!!!! Dismantle is incredible.

First: not all germans... only one... but I agree I can't see a reason for giving this record 3/10... it's a strong 9/10...

lol...I didnt mean all germans, just the ones who reviewed it. this just gets better and better :wink:

The ones who rated it definitely were on crack.

Right now, the album gets a 9.5/10 from me. The only reason I didn't give it a 10, is because that 10 is reserved for Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree. :wink:

This is U2's best work since 1991.

GibsonGirl said:

This is U2's best work since 1991.

The thing is that statement isn't even jumping the gun, it is by far the best work since 1991. :up:

The song that haven't fully hit me yet is "Yahweh" but i've only heard it twice. OSC is incredible, Bono's vocals are amazing, so are the lyrics. "Crumbs" hit me the second time around :wink:

RademR said:

The thing is that statement isn't even jumping the gun, it is by far the best work since 1991. :up:

The song that haven't fully hit me yet is "Yahweh" but i've only heard it twice. OSC is incredible, Bono's vocals are amazing, so are the lyrics. "Crumbs" hit me the second time around :wink:

I was actually in tears the first time I listened to it, it was that good. :wink:

The entire band have never sounded better since Achtung Baby. Bono sounds like he's shedded off twenty years, The Edge is absolutely on fire, and Adam and Larry, as always, provide the band with amazing beats. After listening to it three times, I've come to this conclusion: THERE IS NOT A SINGLE WEAK TRACK ON THIS ALBUM.

So for all those people who said U2 couldn't have another Achtung Baby... think again. :wink:

Flying FuManchu said:
I dunno... I think expectations ruined it for them...

are you of German descent? Just kidding, maybe it will grown on you, u2 albums have a habit of doing that :wink:

One of them already changed his mind - Bulldozer now gives it a 8 and really starts to love it! And Phaser said that his opinion changed as wel! It seems to have a very different feeling when hearing at home without the pressure of writing a review. You know, it´s not the normal way to hear it for the first time with other people around in a cinema while writing down notes!

And: I´m german, and i feel like I´m on crack - because I´m so goddamn excited about this album! I absolutely love it and think that it could become my alltime-number 2 record - right after AB!
After only one listening i would give it 8,5 or maybe 9 out of 10!! It is so much better than ATYCLB, it has everything that the last album lacked!
Oh what f***ing beautiful day!!!

for me it's better than JT and AB. it is better performed, they are better musicians, bono sings better even if his voice loose it a bit and the album are much more consistent, all songs are good and have a bunch of classics. it's totally brilliant, open your minds and ears guys!!!!!!!!!

Flying FuManchu said:
I dunno... I think expectations ruined it for them...

This has defied my expectations. For starters, I expected weak tracks. To me, this is their best album since The Joshua Tree. Flogs the socks off the nineties and ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom