GA lines: the good, the bad and the ugly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skjuls said:

Also, what pissed me off was that they gave out they were slow putting the wristbands on and that there were a lot of people at the tip of the heart who had Heart wristbands on. If you are not going to use your heart wristband!!!:censored:

That pissed me off too! I didn't get in the heart, and when I saw all those people outside the heart with wristbands I thought how unfair it was to those who wanted to go into the heart but couldn't. You'd even hear some of them say they got the heart wristband 'just in case' they decided to go back in, but if they didn't go in, it was taking a spot from someone who wanted to go in. I think security should've made it a rule, if you take a wristband, you stay in the heart, or don't take one!

U2Kitten said:

That pissed me off too! I didn't get in the heart, and when I saw all those people outside the heart with wristbands I thought how unfair it was to those who wanted to go into the heart but couldn't. You'd even hear some of them say they got the heart wristband 'just in case' they decided to go back in, but if they didn't go in, it was taking a spot from someone who wanted to go in. I think security should've made it a rule, if you take a wristband, you stay in the heart, or don't take one!

I understand what you are saying but how on earth would security enforce that rule? Say you couldnt leave the heart once you were in? Then what happens if you have to use the restroom or want to get something to drink?

I think for the most part the wrist band part of the GA situation was handled well, as good as it could have been. I know there were a few venues that automatically gave the heart wristbands to the first 250 or so through the door. A couple of fans said they were going for the tip and didnt need them and the venue told them if they didnt take the heart band they needed to go to the back of the line. So those fans took them anyway. I dont fault them for that one. This was a rare instance though. Most of the problems arose from lining up activity outside and what doors and when the venue elected to open them for the GA crowd.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
I know there were a few venues that automatically gave the heart wristbands to the first 250 or so through the door. A couple of fans said they were going for the tip and didnt need them and the venue told them if they didnt take the heart band they needed to go to the back of the line. So those fans took them anyway. I dont fault them for that one. This was a rare instance though.

Thanks for reminding me. This happened in Toronto #2. I was #21 in line, and was standing with 5 friends. All of us wanted to go to the tip, and told them we didn't need wristbands. Then they told us to go stand in the back of the line (behind the 400 or so people assembled). Yeah, right, we didn't stand out there for 12+ hours to go all the way back, so they basically forcibly put the wristbands on us. Once inside, we tried to take them off and give them to people who wanted to go in the heart, but you couldn't do it without ripping them.

Back
Top Bottom