from an atyclb baby:...... this is u2s best album, ill tell you exactly why..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t8thgr8

War Child
because when i bought atyclb, i bought it for beautiful day.
i listened to the whole album and had to ask a friend if there were any other good songs that i just may have overlooked
after repeated listenings of BD i neeed something else to latch onto, soon elevation got me and walk on then stuck....this was before the other three singles came out. it took me awhile to grab anything else on the record.

i bought joshua tree for with or without you and still havent found. streets caught me right off but other than the big three, the rest fell short with the next 2 strongest songs being one tree hill and gods country.

achtung baby i just thought was wierd and thoiught i basically bought it for mysterious ways. then i felt like a nerd for blasting early 90,s pop out of my car so i needed another song. the fly was my next cut because the chorus sounded familiar.

eventually i would explore the entire albums to rid the guilt of buying an entire cd of just a few songs and over time i found something in each song that i NEEDED to hear everytime i played the cd.

(atyclb was and is still dry however)

(....and pop finds its way into my cd player more often)

THIS NEW CD HAS MY FULL ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!

theres not one song on it that i can pick out as the best because im constantly craving one song over the other. EACH SONG IS FUCKING GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! immediately hooked. i cant wait to hear the thing in its correct order and a man and a woman since im leaving that as a surprise

this album feels like a warm hug, and im sure ittl always be there with open arms everytime i put in back into my cd player

the preceeding meassage was from a 2000- on u2 fan who has never been obsessed with any artists album right off the bat until bomb took the cake. and im also the pickiest son of a bitch alive

Am I missing something about HTDAAB?

OK, I have tried listening to this album from start to finish and Im missing what everyone is stroking this album for. I think Miracle Drug, City of Blinding Lights, and Original of the Species are alright, but Im not seeing this as better then ATYCLB. I kept on reading comments about this album being a guitar record and "punk rock on venus" as Bono put. THis seems to be the least Guitar album I have heard from U2 in a long time. Overall grade, C!

Back
Top Bottom