Extended Version of Rattle and Hum DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay you now confused me. Where do I get it? I want the DVD verson not the CD. Which is better?

Sorry, I have had one of those days where you could read a sentence twenty times and still not have a clue what it says.

Last edited:
I have a crappy copy, 7 hours compressed and put on one DVD.

It's interesting I guess but also really boring.

My copy has a realllllly long ride to the Harlem Church where they sing Still Haven't Found.. with them and it's boring as hell and I am glad it didn't make it into the film.. U2 riding around in Harlem in a limo seemed kinda weird.

Then when they got there they filmed the entire set up of the performance and that was pretty boring too. Everyone was just standing around and talking.

Then there is the footage of Bono being taken to the hospital after he hurt his arm and that itself seemed intrusive and kind of weird. Bono was really out of it and when the nurse asked his name he seemed confused. I felt bad for him.

I can't think of anything special about the songs shown from the various concerts. You do get to see them perform with the Harlem church people live in MSG I believe... You also get to see U2 with Bruce Springsteen.

There is the footage of Bono and Edge along practicing She's Gonna Blow Your House down on acoustic guitar but that gets boring after they do take after take of it.

There is a press conference that is different from the one that made it into the film and it's mostly Edge, Larry and Adam for that one, it's kind of boring too.

You get the entire Graceland tour as far as I know and that is interesting too. Bono asks the tour guide if he can see if Elvis' guitar is tuned, I think she doesn't let him touch it.

All in all.. It's 7 hours, a lot of is really boring, sometimes it feels like a reality show about the life of U2 at that time, which is kind of neat because you see things you will probably never get to see, like how the band rode together in a limo and interacted with each other.

It doesn't sound bad but I am against people buying this, someone just make a copy, put in on kazaa or emule and let all have it!

For those of you who have seen it, are there all of the recordings with Cowboy Jack Clement in Memphis except Angel of Harlem which is in the movie?

The Outtakes are cool to watch but they can be kind of boring at times too. Some of it's really great but I wouldn't pay for them if I were you. :tsk: You could always find someone here who has it that's willing to copy it for you.

arw9797 said:
The Outtakes are cool to watch but they can be kind of boring at times too. Some of it's really great but I wouldn't pay for them if I were you. :tsk: You could always find someone here who has it that's willing to copy it for you.

Would this "someone" PLEASE contact me if so!

its nice to have..I wouldnt say its a must have. I definitely wouldnt pay 50 bucks for it. I think i got mine on ebay a few yrs back for about 10 bucks. but again, its nice to have...some of it is really boring, but other parts are quite cool and its nice to get a different look at certain aspects of the tour, daily life, recording etc.

To whoever asked...

There was no extra footage of the Sun Studio sessions which is really sad! That would have been great to see them do more songs since the footage in the studio is 4 minutes long in the actual film.

I don't understand why they didn't select an hour or so of footage from this leftover stuff and add it on when they released the DVD. Would have made it a lot more appealing, I think. But that was 1999 and I don't think DVD reissues were so bonus-happy then. What a shame.

Back
Top Bottom