Elevation(Tomb Raider Mix) Vs. Vertigo Vs. ABOY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thecrackedjack5

The Fly
Which of these do you think is U2's best straight up rock song of the past few years. I personally like Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) , even though the lyrics are a bit silly because of Edge's solo and Woohoo's. Although the rest are not far behind.

thecrackedjack5 said:
Which of these do you think is U2's best straight up rock song of the past few years. I personally like Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) , even though the lyrics are a bit silly because of Edge's solo and Woohoo's. Although the rest are not far behind.

ditto that.

All 3 are just pretty class mad songs made to be blasted out loud so :up: :up: to all

All Because of You is the best. Elevation is an embarassment. Vertigo is cool(Elevation as it should have been).

ZeroDude said:
How exactly is Elevation embarassing?
I know!! I know!!! "A mole, living in a hole..." and other such nasty rhyming!! 'Vertigo' is by far the best of the three, I do believe.

u2lassie said:

I know!! I know!!! "A mole, living in a hole..." and other such nasty rhyming!! 'Vertigo' is by far the best of the three, I do believe.

I and I in the sky you make me feel like I can fly so high...etc...etc..!

It was never one of my favourites on the album.
However, I love it played live..its a great one for getting the crowd going. I have to agree that Vertigo is the best of those three though.

And those whoo-hoo's... And that video...

I also think Elevation is an embarassment. It's sounds so "cartoony". But, it certainly has brought a lot of non-fans into the fold. My Wife loves it. A few of my other relatives think it's great too.

ABOY is the best of the three.
I agree that elevation is an embarassment, but a great opener.
Vertigo has now become embarassing due to commercials, but should be a great opener as well.

This dismissal of Elevation as "too simple" or "embarassing" is, quite simply, elitist and tiresome. Draw your own conclusions instead of rallying behind Pitchfork Media reviews and the like.

Nobody complained about that song when it came out. Do you think Bono -- one of the great lyricists of all-time -- would use such simple imagery if there wasn't a reason behind it???

I do believe the man deserves the benefit of the doubt by now.

You liked it when you heard it, you screamed it out on tour, who are you trying to fool???

Okay, the video did suck. Not their call though.

i love all three songs, but if i had to choose, i'd probably go vertigo 1, all because of you 2, elevation 3. the others are just better than elevation, but elevation is still a good tune.

Back
Top Bottom