Elevation-Bono vs. Vertigo-Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elevation Bono cooler than Vertigo Bono (but I do love them all)

bonoevilelevationvid.jpg

Besides JT Bono in my younger days, Bono in year 2000 is my favorite now.

rs7mdw-1.jpg

JCOSTER said:
Bono in year 2000 is my favorite now.

rs7mdw-1.jpg

this is a really cool picture of Bono, real human. I like this picture a lot, you can't really tell it's him kinda.

POP BONO!!! POP BONO!!!! He was never more Rock and Roll, Never more badass, than during the time when neither critics or fans stepped on board with the material.

Loved Pop, Popmart, and Pop Bono. It was an offbalance time and every night was a fight to regain balance. And from under the rubble of Vegas emerged a tour and an album that captured the essence of struggling rock and roll musician in the guise of world wide pop star.

1st. The real name of badass is 1987 axl rose, but the badassed Bono has ever been was definently Zoo TV when he was The fly which i don't think it's badass..

2nd. Popmart Bono was very cocky unlike the mirrorball man who tried to be cocky and was successful..

3rd.Bono was way too cocky on popmart..some people say that he was too cocky to wear the musscle shirt which i thought was funny, to a point..

dietcokeofevil said:
POP BONO!!! POP BONO!!!! He was never more Rock and Roll, Never more badass, than during the time when neither critics or fans stepped on board with the material.

Loved Pop, Popmart, and Pop Bono. It was an offbalance time and every night was a fight to regain balance. And from under the rubble of Vegas emerged a tour and an album that captured the essence of struggling rock and roll musician in the guise of world wide pop star.

I didn't like Pop Bono too much. Pop Adam on the other hand...
1.gif

bono will never be cooler than he was as The Fly during the ZOO TV tour.
But out of the two choices you gave I pick Elevation Bono. He looked loads better. Especially with the short hair, black jumper and leather trousers in the beautiful Day video.

Zoo TV the Fly Bono: he had spunk and attitude.

between Elevation and Vertigo , i would have to say Elevation Bono.

Vertigo Bono from what i have seen needs to concentrate on his performance,
God I miss Zoo TV, THank God I was there to witness it.

Axver said:
I'd probably take Vertigo Bono simply because he can do his day job - singing - far better than Elevation Bono. Bono's poor vocals are one of the reasons why I don't listen to Elevation boots much, but he vastly improved on Vertigo.

However, Vertigo Bono is far too prone to being a long-winded rambler.

I've never seen what was so bad about his singing on Elevation. He had his off nights, sure, but he has those every tour.

Elevation Bono is I think my favorite "era" of the guy, this tour he seems more and more like Joshua Tree Bono and, well, that didnt' work the first time.

And with regards to Sunday Bloody Sunday, I really dug the "Father Abraham" bit. It's a little different, sure, but the audiences (at least, as much as I've heard on boots) picked up on it, and it didn't seem to slow the pace or anything.

Just don't judge it by the Chicago version.

rs7mdw-1.jpg
[/B]

this is probably his best look..it's him, and no shades. After Popmart, he should have left the shades alone

RademR said:

this is probably his best look..it's him, and no shades. After Popmart, he should have left the shades alone

Abso-freakin-lutely!!! I love the Beautiful Day look! The older he gets, the more insincere he looks with sunglasses on, esp. huge ones in different colors.

U2Man said:
Off with the sunglasses, off with the earrings :drool:

Yes, we need a change... a refreshing change! Not only in the music but in the image as well. I hope they do a total 180 on U2 circa 2006. Who's with me?

Zootlesque said:

Yes, we need a change... a refreshing change! Not only in the music but in the image as well. I hope they do a total 180 on U2 circa 2006. Who's with me?

you're a closet pleban:giggle:

:reject:

Well hair is short now, earrings are given up and there's even signs that he's starting to wear more normal sunglasses. I think we're gonna see a new look. Maybe even during the tour this fall/winter.

shart1780 said:
Elevation Bono. His whole style was just so cool. His hair was cool, his black leather jacket looked awesome and I liked that he took his shades off more. I also like how he seemed a little more energetic. Many of you will disagree, but I thought his voice sounded better too. It wasn't technically great, but alot of times sounded so smooth and level. Now it seems a little more up and down.

I agree with you on the look - I think at this stage of his life, the shorter hair works better on him. That said, I loved the red/black jacket he wore for "Love & Peace" - that was cool.

However, vocally, sorry, no. :no: Vertigo Bono dominates Elevation Bono and Pop Bono.

Hmmm... I dunno. Technically Vertigo Bono is much better than Elevation, but I guess I just like the style of singing a little more with Elevation Bono. I completely loved his vocals on the Slane DVD. That's a prime example of the vocals I love from him (WTSHNN, Beautiful Day, UTEOTW, Out of Control etc.). Not necissarily great, but consistent. Another good example is the Chicago DVD. Songs like Bad, In a Little While and New York, while not technically great, really appealed to me. His voice almost seemed more stylish to me.

I love to hear songs like Miss Sarajevo being played now though. Love the way that's sung by Bono.

Elevation Bono fo sho!!! Elevation Bono is a confident party animal, so comfortable with himself and his surroundings that he can say something as ridiculous as "a mole living in a hole" and actually get away with it.

Vertigo Bono is an annoying drunk dude, telling you a long-ass story that isn't that interesting to begin with, while he laughs at his own jokes and by the time he gets to the "kneel" part, you're already on your knees, begging him to please shut the hell up.

The coolest Bono I can think of is Until The End Of The World Bono. That cat's got a juicy story to tell, and he doesn't need to elaborate or even raise his voice for needed drama, because his words are his weapons.

:tsk:drooling over bonos kids..they're what my age....well ones older but the other one is my age...you are strange strange people!!

but i must admit they're pretty:)

:|

and zoo tv bono could kick every other bonos ass......we should get action figures and deal this out right:nerd:

love_u2_adam said:
:tsk:drooling over bonos kids..they're what my age....well ones older but the other one is my age...you are strange strange people!!

but i must admit they're pretty:)

:|

Plebans drool over Bono's butt while us guys drool over Bono's kids!

Back
Top Bottom