Desperate plea from an American to the English!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
I know this is a bit off-topic, but please bear with me for a day or two.

Alright, try as I might, I have been completely unable to find a copy of New Musical Express here in my college town of Champaign, Illinois. Thus, I must make a plea to any of you who can find it for me in England. I'm looking for the one that has the picture of Liam and Noel Gallagher on front, which I believe is dated 26 September. It is supposedly a great article, and I'd love to get my hands on a hard copy of the magazine, especially with the impending news of new Oasis music on the way. If any of you can help me by purchasing it and shipping it, I'd gladly pay the associated costs (magazine price, shipping).

Thank you for considering my position, and I'm grateful to any of you who would help!

------------------
Change is the only constant

Hmm, well I'm not sure exactly which countries they sell it in. But whomever can get it would still be a help.

------------------

Tower, eh? Well, I don't have one around here, but I think I might be able to get my hands on one through them. Thanks, I'll check it out.

------------------

Maybe they sell NME in the larger bookstores, like Barnes & Noble and Borders? It's always worth a try.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:
Maybe they sell NME in the larger bookstores, like Barnes & Noble and Borders? It's always worth a try.

Melon

Sorry--already tried there. Neither place carries it.

------------------

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Hmm, well I'm not sure exactly which countries they sell it in. But whomever can get it would still be a help.

Ehhm, when there will no help from the UK, come on people, this week i will look here.
I know some shops who are selling those
bad papers
biggrin.gif

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Since the HMV & Tower Records here have NME, I can look for it for you. I'm not sure if I can find it, but I'll try my best...
smile.gif
smile.gif

Oh bugger Yajur...so sorry I missed this thread..I would have offered immediatly..anyway I'm glad THATgirl will be helping you out..its a pretty interesting issue, great pics
smile.gif

------------------
Take the time to make some sense
Of what you want to say
And cast your words away upon the waves
Bring them back with Acquiesce
On a ship of hope today
And as they fall upon the shore
Tell them not to fear no more
Say it loud and sing it proud
And they...

Originally posted by THATgirl:
Foxxern, have you had any luck? Check your email if you still need a copy!

Thanks! You've got mail.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom