Dave Matthews cover of In Gods Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghdi

Babyface
cdbaby.com/cd/tribeofheaven

You can hear a clip by going to that link above

Its absolute crap :madspit:

Mark Roebuck, formerly of the 80s power-pop band the Deal, began work on Tribe of Heaven in 1989. He invited then fellow bartender Dave Matthews to assist him in writing and recording a CD-length project. Tribe of Heaven would produce a rich, folk-acoustic sound, woven with dark, sometimes melancholy themes.

The Tribe of Heaven project included nine songs, five written by Mark Roebuck alone, three written by Mark Roebuck and Dave Matthews together, and one a cover of U2's "In God's Country." Mark and Dave both sang and played on all songs. Greg Howard added keyboards on "Imagine We Were" and "Half the Time." Mike Rosenski played guitar on "Touch." The recording was done locally in Scottsville, Virginia on 8 track reel to reel at the home studio of Greg Howard during two sessions separated by about 6 months.

Tribe of Heaven was informally shopped around in early 1990, but without success. Dave would go on to form Dave Matthews Band the next year and include a Tribe of Heaven song, "The Song that Jane Likes," on the band's first release, Remember Two Things.

The Tribe of Heaven project lay dormant for more than a decade until a revival of interest in Mark's various

DMB is cool but I do not think he should try to cover any U2 songs or anyone eles for that matter:eyebrow:

I stopped after the first chorus, so for all I know it's all gangsta rap after that, but: it's not very good, but it's not particularly awful either.

I'm seeing DMB Saturday.

This isn't good, but it's not the worst thing I've heard in my life. I can't even hear Dave's voice in it, so I don't see how someone can point him out spefically saying he's the one who causes this to suck.

Palace_Hero said:
DM is gay, that emphasised my opinion.

Could we maybe use another word? Many members are offended by this as it can be considered a racial slur or derogatory comment. Besides the fact that there are a number of gay members that post here that also may be offended. Thanks!

Sicy said:

Many members are offended by this as it can be considered a racial slur or derogatory comment.

Racial slur? Since when are homosexuals their own race? Now I'm offended by that statement!!! :mad:

whackjester said:

Racial slur? Since when are homosexuals their own race? Now I'm offended by that statement!!! :mad:

ok, how about derogatory comment

Main Entry: de·rog·a·to·ry
Pronunciation: di-'rä-g&-"tOr-E, -"tor-
Function: adjective
1 : detracting from the character or standing of something
2 : expressive of a low opinion : DISPARAGING <derogatory remarks>

hope this clears it up for you

have a nice day :|

I said, it can be considered a racial slur. Perhaps by some, and that is enough.

ANYWAY.. back on topic please.

Sicy said:
I said, it can be considered a racial slur. Perhaps by some, and that is enough.

ANYWAY.. back on topic please.

No, it cannot possibly be considered a racial slur, because gay people are not a race.

Nonetheless, I agree with you -- derogatory comments have no place on this site. Please be respectful, people.

I saw a gawd-awful cover of One by Bare Naked Ladies on one of those "before they were rock stars" shows.

It's part of the formula for success in rock and roll, hit the road in a beat up van, play dive bars and do a shitty cover of a U2 song.

U2ElevatesMe415 said:
I like dave matthews.

:up:

I seem to be one of the few who does.

I like DMB to U2ELE...I just don't like when they cover U2 songs:no:

hootie and the blowfish did a horrible cover of i still haven't found what i'm looking for, i saw it on a before they were rock stars.

Back
Top Bottom