Counting songs and the 24 hour marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DontExpect

Acrobat
It's something that very few fans of bands can consider, but U2's body of work is in the hundreds of songs, and today the idea of listening to U2 for a period of 24 hours straight without any rest came to mind.

I spent a little while counting how many unique U2 songs I had, and what additions to my collection I could make that would put me at 24 hours.

I have around 215 of these unique tracks compromising:

-Every major album
-Unreleased & Rare (ex. ALYCLB+HTDAAB studio leftovers)
-Actung Beibi Outtakes
-Passengers

Even when I add some pretty important live tracks and music videos, I only find myself turning in at around 18 hours. I know I'm still quite a ways off from one complete day, but does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find some relatively unique U2 tracks that I could include in my marathon instead of having to settle for listening to 8 Lemon remixes?? What is the true number of unique U2 tracks anyways?

Is this even possible?

Not sure if it's possible, but you could add various non-album tracks. Have you included all the b-sides? The pre-Boy demos (and other pre-Boy live songs)? Songs only played live/soundchecked or recorded and unreleased such as Father Is An Elephant, Carry Me Home, Be There, My Time Hasn't Come, Move Out, She's A Mystery To Me, Wild Irish Rose, and We Love You?

Edit: Also, have you used the songs from the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack? And maybe you could include Edge's work from the Captive soundtrack?

Last edited:
Live tracks + normie songs + crazy stuff like Axtung Beibi makes it well over a day.

I had 3 days once :huh:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Live tracks + normie songs + crazy stuff like Axtung Beibi makes it well over a day.

I had 3 days once :huh:

How many live releases did you use?

I wonder just how long a playlist would be with no repeats, and the only live/soundcheck songs being those that do not have a known studio counterpart (i.e. no Pride live or Best Of, due to Pride from UF).

Axver said:

How many live releases did you use?

I wonder just how long a playlist would be with no repeats, and the only live/soundcheck songs being those that do not have a known studio counterpart.

It was a mix of a bunch of songs really with some full boots:

Boy Boston, Red Rocks, one UF show, JT Tempe, Lovetown Dublin 12/26.

I had ZooTV Stockholm, Sydney, and Washington.

Popmart Mexico, Santiago, and Tel Aviv.

Elevation Notre Dame, Slane, and Chicago.

Vertigo Amsterdam, San Diego, Chicago, and 2 others I believe.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It was a mix of a bunch of songs really with some full boots:

Boy Boston, Red Rocks, one UF show, JT Tempe, Lovetown Dublin 12/26.

I had ZooTV Stockholm, Sydney, and Washington.

Popmart Mexico, Santiago, and Tel Aviv.

Elevation Notre Dame, Slane, and Chicago.

Vertigo Amsterdam, San Diego, Chicago, and 2 others I believe.

Ah, with that many boots, I now see how you struck three days! :wink:

My collection on my Ipod is right at 20 hours. This is everything commercially released + 14 AB outtakes, minus a few b-sides.

Well, it looks like it will be hard to get a non-repetitive playlist hammered out, but I'll prolly just watch Vertigo Milan and some old Dvd's to finish out the hours....now we'll see how much energy I have after singing for that long continuously!

Back
Top Bottom