Complete "Session" Recordings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The Monkees and ABBA both released "session" recordings. What I mean by this is recordings of in-studio demos, impromptu jams, alternate takes and versions of different songs, and studio banter and jokes in between songs, so that the listener really gets a taste of the creative and recording process. ABBA released a 23 minute compilation of session recordings throughout their career, and the Monkees released a 3 CD set compiling the best of the session work for the first CD they played their own instruments on, Headquarters. My question to you folks is this: If U2 were to release something like this, which album would you choose, or would you rather have a compilation, as in ABBA's example? I would like a compilation that ranges from the October Sessions to the Unforgettable Fire sessions.

Session recordings would be cool, but I doubt that something like that will be released before U2 will split up.

So if they are going to release a multiple disc box set, it will be either the greatest hits plus some rarities like Tom Petty's "Playback" (unlikely, would look like the end of a career) or something like Springsteen's box sets "Live 1975-85" (maybe, would be great) and "Tracks" (unlikely, would be fantastic).

I would pick the Joshua Tree sessions as we already have a pretty good 3 CD bootleg of the Achtung Baby sessions.

i would like to hear the fisticuffs that ensued between Larry and Eno as they recorded the Passengers project.

------------------
'you two will get old.'
Baz Luhrman, 'Everybody's Free(To Wear Sun Screen)'

Back
Top Bottom