COBL Video has been shot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reptile347

The Fly
Just got this in my e-mail. Dony know if its been posted before but if it was well then sorry.

<<The GM Place in Vancouver will today host the filming of U2's latest
video clip, for the track City Of Blinding Lights.

U2 fans are invited to attend this exclusive filming at the Arena in
Vancouver.

Wristbands will be given out from 3pm after which, upon entry to the
building, fans will receive a ticket to a reserved seat surrounding the
stage. The first 4,000 people will be permitted - on a first come, first
served basis - to enter the venue.

Organisers ask that guests arrive no earlier than 3pm. Full security
searches will be implemented at the door - no recording devices of any
type will be permitted in the venue, this includes cameras and
cellphones. Anyone entering the venue with a recording device will be
denied entry.

This live video will be shot by French directors, Alex and Martin. The
pair recently won a Grammy for directing U2's Vertigo, the debut single
from the Number 1 album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Alex and
Martin have also worked with The White Stripes, Kylie Minogue, Air,
Jane's Addiction and Noir Desir.
>>

Really disappointed that it looks to be another performance vid........could have been a fantastic conceptual video a la "Beautiful Day"..............even worse, it's from the guys that shot the oh-so-drab "Vertigo" clip.....

So far all videos from HTDAAB are 1000 times better then those "so called videos" from ATYCLB... so I would not worry this time.... (yes, even the ABOY one)
I think with Electrical Storm they left 2 years of bad ideas for videos - era behind...:wink: :up:

BrownEyedBoy said:
Who do you think "oh you look so beautiful tonight" is directed to?
bonohols-dop1b.jpg

Kind of wish they would have done some night shots of city lights. Very surprised there doing a concert video. So far all the videos have been WAY better than the ATYCLB videos. Except for the European "Stuck" which should have been a world wide release.

zoopop said:
Kind of wish they would have done some night shots of city lights.

But that would be so predictable. :(

I'll be interested to see how the live video works out, though I hope it isn't released before the 12th of September!

Macfistowannabe said:
On the VH1 All Access he said it was from the New York shows after 9/11; he told the audience they looked "so beautiful."

well Seven Nation Army, Just Because (by Janes Addiction) and Vertigo were all done by Alex and Martin, and they are all performance based video with multi-effects.

Jack and Meg White are standing there perofrming the song, but it's not your standard perofrmance video, neither is Vertigo, is it?
They added the colors and shapes and all that jazz.

I think Alex and Martin just accentuate something that would normally be a bit boring straight ahead performance video and make it more "arty" for lack of a better term.

I thought Vertigo was pretty good, a hell of a lot fucking better than Elevation, Walk On or the American Stuck video.

All Because of You's video is a nice idea, but the video bores me a little, and it;s my favorite song from HTDAAB, I felt like the video could have helped the song become a hit, it didn't really.

All that said, this should have been a Corbijn video. At the very least Kevin Godley, both are easily the two best U2 video makers.

If you guys see a guy with a grey shirt that has a green "scotts" logo on it in the video well thats me hehehehe. The video shoot was AWSOME and i have a feeling it may not be entirely all as a concert maybe they will have a few concert scenes and a few other scenes perhaps??

Back
Top Bottom