City of Blinding Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a somewhat cleaned up version of the song if anybody is interested. It's a tad louder, but I think you can hear it better.

Bono Hinted at this Song at Slane

During the final chorus of "Walk On" at Slane Castle in 2001, Bono starred at the Irish crowd and exclaimed, "You look so beautiful, soo beautiful... the spirit is in the house." I think that's where he may have come up with the catchy line from COBL: "You look so beautiful, tonight."

Re: Bono Hinted at this Song at Slane

akhan01 said:
During the final chorus of "Walk On" at Slane Castle in 2001, Bono starred at the Irish crowd and exclaimed, "You look so beautiful, soo beautiful... the spirit is in the house." I think that's where he may have come up with the catchy line from COBL: "You look so beautiful, tonight."

he did that at other places, too.

if someone can send me the files (cleaned up would be nice but ANYTHING will do, I'm searchin' in the other thread too) I'll give ya a gmail invite :D and I'll love you forever :hug:

woolymammals@gmail.com

I would appreciate it so so SO much!!!! and once I have them I'll be happy to pass 'em along to others :)

doctorwho said:
I downloaded a "low bass" version of CoBL from TOPS, and, uh... well... :uhoh: :huh: :scratch:

Let's just say I wasn't horribly impressed.

However, I will hold off final judgment until I hear the actual song, as it's SUPPOSED to sound on the album. :yes:

Give it a couple more listens. :wink: I wasn't too impressed the first time, either, but it hit me the third time. I was in tears.

Play with your volume and/or equalizer...that should help.

I sorta cleaned up the song so you can hear the guitar and the voice better, but there's some unwanted static I can't remove. In any case, if you're interested I can send it to you.

Finally I listened it, definitively I liked more than Vertigo (and Vertigo is growing on me) :up:

Back
Top Bottom