Bullet the Blue Sky.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Lots of people pick on bullet, want 'em to drop it from the setlist and all that... well I think it's fanfuckingtastic. I mean sure nothing compares to the ZOOTV performances, but so what.

in howling wind comes a stinging rain.
From the firefly.. a red orange glow.
bullet the blue sky.

Outside it's America

And we run
And we run
We run

bulletthebluesky.jpg

it's just so damn relevant all the damn time.

Last edited:
My favourite song.

There has NEVER been a bad performance of this song.

Gonna upload a few of my fave versions soon.

i will always enjoy Bullet live. However, if they chose to scrap Bullet for a great tune that I've never heard before live, then I would be for scrapping it. I've never heard God II live or Gloria. I would welcome those in place of Bullet.

Bullet has worn out it's welcome in U2 concerts. It has been overexposed and was never even a good song musically or lyrically to begin with - definitely the weakest link in The Joshua Tree.

Cheers,

J

Wow, Jick, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Bullet's one of those songs that should never be dropped, but I didn't like the Popmart modification - after the riff it was boring.

Axver said:
Wow, Jick, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Bullet's one of those songs that should never be dropped, but I didn't like the Popmart modification - after the riff it was boring.

Bullet has been the most overplayed, overexposed U2 song since the Joshua Tree.

Starting with the video of Streets where we hear a snipped of Bullet The Blue Sky.

Then there is a live audio version in the R&H album (but it missed out on including the great live versions of WOWY and Bad from the film).

Then it was played on every Zoo TV concert, and the fans were force-fed to bear another official live release - with the Stay single live format.

Then another official live version release in the fanclub Hasta La Vista Baby album.

Other than not missing a beat in the Zoo TV and POPmart tours, Bullet The Blue Sky was also featured in the following vids: Rattle and Hum, Zoo TV Live from Sydney, Popmart Mexico, Elevation Tour Boston, and U2 Go Home Live In Slane.

From 1997-present, no other U2 song has been featured in more official live audio and live video releases than Bullet The Blue Sky. We are all sick and tired of that song. Other more beautiful songs like One or Stay deserve at least as much exposure.

Bono's stage antics in Bullet The Blue Sky are already tiring, and Edge guitar solo isn't as passionate and edgey anymore. U2 FINALLY dropped the song from the Elevation setlist only after the WTC fell on 9/11 because of it's anti-American lyrics.

It actually took a massive terrorist attack to take Bullet off U2's setlist. Let's hope we will never hear from that song again - there are other songs that haven't been played live enough and would need the exposure (like Ultraviolet for example). Let's give Bullet a rest before the terrorists attack again.

Cheers,

J

Drop Bullet the Blue Sky from set?? Whoever says that is on crizack :mad:
I believe they played it when I saw them a little bit after 9-11, I could be wrong. This is one of their most rawking songs!! This song is a must!!

When U2 came to Denver that November after September 11th, they played Bullet and it was awesome

SkeeK, I wholeheartedly agree with you on BTBS. I had only one opportunity to see Bullet live and it was awesome. They can play it for me big time, no problem.

Btw, I remember the series of paintings you did inspired by U2 songs and this one of Bullet is very good IMO. To be honest, I miss the old times of Interference, when there wasn?t so much negativity around. Guess why I don?t visit/post here that often anymore.

Tchau
MT

jick said:

It actually took a massive terrorist attack to take Bullet off U2's setlist. Let's hope we will never hear from that song again - there are other songs that haven't been played live enough and would need the exposure (like Ultraviolet for example). Let's give Bullet a rest before the terrorists attack again.

Cheers,

J

Sorry, wrong... Bullet was played in the encore of every show of the third leg of the Elevation tour except Notre Dame I believe.

Bullet is one of my favorite U2 songs. Bono's anger and the music's anger sounds incredible, and the energy given off, especially live, sounds more amazing.

Jick, what makes you think that the events of 9/11 somehow invalidated the issues contained in Bullet? Those issues are as relevant today as they were the day the song was written; the day the terrorists attacked; and right now today in 2004.

I hope it stays on their set but I also agree with Numb1075 that if they do scrap it, scrap it with something which is just as good.

For once I agree with Jick.:shocked: That song has always been my least fave on JT though I do not dislike it. He is right that they should have put the powerful version of WOWY on R&H. ANyway, I would be more than happy if it was replaced with something like Ultraviolet, Acrobat.

Back
Top Bottom