bono's microphone...hat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
For "New York" Bono wore a headset mic and a custom made hat with the transmitter built-in.

is this really true? i remember seeing him wear that cowboy hat, but i recall him still using a handheld microphone. was this my imagination? anyone.....

I don't know if it is custom made but he did have a headset on under his cowboy hat while singing New York at the Phoenix concert first leg of the Elevation tour.

A photo I took from the second row tip of the heart :love: :drool: will be attatched. If someone wants to upload and post for the non prems I don't mind.

Attachments

• phx-april.jpg
    phx-april.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 50
Here's her pic:

hatset-vi.jpg

I never noticed this :huh: He only wore the hat in the middle when he went into the Taxi Driver act when I saw it.

Last edited:
* MoFo * said:

whats his taxi driver act?

He would put on the hat, start dragging his leg and mouth 'you talkin to me?' His eyes got big and he was like, 'well come on, come on!' and act like he was fighting somebody. I heard when he did this at one show some guys in the heart thought they had pissed him off :lol:

Or do I have the movie wrong? Was it Midnight Cowboy? :huh: :der: But he was acting out a movie set in NYC during New York during some shows of the Elevation Tour.

martha said:
Wait a minnit. EP, you were at Phoenix? Did we already talk about this?

:yes: It was a last minute thing... I didn't have tickets but since it was a Saturday concert I hopped on a plane Saturday morning and had a very very good weekend. :hyper:

I wonder if Bono ever wears his microphone hat while he drives through a fast food drive-thru just to mess with their minds.

Back
Top Bottom