Bono's Facebook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

How? I find it to be annoying and not nearly as useful as myspace, now myspace has a lot more douchebags that's for sure, but it's much more communitive and user friendly.

Myspace more user friendly? You're kidding, right?

Facebook is quickly becoming as annoying as MySpace*, but MySpace still wins at irritation and "screw this noise, I hate this site."

*wtf, I'm there to connect with people I knew years ago, not get attacked by freaking zombies or whatever stupid shit people throw at me

I hate myspace, especially those stupid bulletins "pc4pc"

although those quizzes and applications on facebook get really annoying!

Aardvark747 said:
Facebook makes me :yawn:

I agree!! I created an account (out of curiosity) and lasted for about a month. so stupid..... to me, anyway. No offense to anyone who uses it

Larry Mullen's my friend on facebook :happy:

I really doubt that its actually him, but i still don't invite him to quizzes or any of the annoying stuff just in case it is really him and he comes and beats the crap out of me. :reject:

Interesting. If someone complains about your profile being misrepresenting someone else, facebook will remove you. It happened to my son just because changed his name to something silly.

Mind you, I'm sure there are a few Larry Mullen's on the planet :wink:

Meghan said:
Larry Mullen's my friend on facebook :happy:

I really doubt that its actually him, but i still don't invite him to quizzes or any of the annoying stuff just in case it is really him and he comes and beats the crap out of me. :reject:
lol =)

Well, its got larry's picture (although its from the 80s), larry's birthday, and the relationship status is listed as "Its complicated." I can't imagine the real larry mullen even listing his surname let alone his relationship status.
"Larry" also lists his email as larrymlln@yahoo.com... I don't think that would be the best idea in the world if you're in one of the most popular bands in the world, but you never know, maybe he just has a super good filter on his email.

Not sure if this link will work if you're not friends with Larry already, but heres his page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=805386037

Meghan said:
Well, its got larry's picture (although its from the 80s), larry's birthday, and the relationship status is listed as "Its complicated." I can't imagine the real larry mullen even listing his surname let alone his relationship status.
"Larry" also lists his email as larrymlln@yahoo.com... I don't think that would be the best idea in the world if you're in one of the most popular bands in the world, but you never know, maybe he just has a super good filter on his email.

Not sure if this link will work if you're not friends with Larry already, but heres his page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=805386037

Okay, I totally just emailed him and was all like "omg quit slagging off Pop and go play some REAL fucking drums"

:D

Also, I found some fake Bonos on Yahoo.This one has a fun picture, and this one lists "playing with lemons" as a hobby :giggle: There was also one called bono_takes_pills, but it wouldn't load.

europop2005 said:
are we going through the "who made mike huckabee" jig here? :wink:
Psh, clearly Conan did.

Bono's list of things to do...

Cancel debt in 3rd world countries
Raise funds for Aids drugs
Sing at memorial service
Update my status on Facebook
Grab a pint with Larry

I think we discussed this before and came to the conclusion that Bono's facebook was FAKE.

I really don't believe that's his.

And if so, it would be very sad. No friends? WTF?

:sad:

This thread reminds me of some Chris Morris thing where he said "U2 have no friends" as some sort of factoid while playing a song (think of it as a comedic Radio pop up video with an On the Hour twist). That's honestly the only thing I could think of in this thread because I don't know how to use Facebook.

last unicorn said:
I think we discussed this before and came to the conclusion that Bono's facebook was FAKE.

You say that as if people actually had to sit down, think long and hard about it, and figure it out.

All I had to do was see the thread title and say "no".

^ Not everyone is such a quick thinker. I think many of us simply trust that people are too good to make up stuff like that. :wink:

last unicorn said:
^ Not everyone is such a quick thinker. I think many of us simply trust that people are too good to make up stuff like that. :wink:

There have been fake facebook profiles since the dawn of facebook. They weren't meant to fool anybody, because nobody would really believe them, they were just there for humor. My school was one of the first to be added and I got on during freshman orientation and made friends with a slew of characters from Dartmouth especially - Ebola theVirus, Curious George, JFK, a few animals and other famous people dead and alive that I found amusing. They were all members of a group (once groups were introduced) called "fake facebook profiles of dartmouth" or something. Eventually facebook deleted these, but it took over a year if I recall correctly. And that was when it was limited to exclusive .edu addresses. Now that it's open there are plenty of immitators and even more people who share a given name with a celebrity so put up a pic of that person. The closest to a famous person you're gonna get is someone who got fb in college and became not-very-famous after - e.g. a baseball player drafted out of college (I was friends with a Red Sox minor leaguer once but even that level of fame was too much, he deleted his profile).

Back
Top Bottom