Bono's Diary - Post Your Thoughts Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
bono_africa.jpg

Bono's Diary - heartbreaking, beautiful, genuine, bleak, hopeful, powerful.

What did you think? Discuss.

I loved it and thought it was great!!! Good old Bono......i loved the ending when the elevator doors are closing on him and he says "i know that i can't change the world, but we can"

There were so many powerful moments in that documentary.
I think the one part that got to me was the memory book that mabel's mother was making for her so that she will have something to remember by. That was just really...wow. And all those kids...I just wanted to take them home, feed, and clothe them...it was really heartbreaking.

I wish I had MTV. Anyone want to make me a copy? :wave: or know of it being aired in Canada? :hyper:

ti-hua said:
I'm a little confused as to why Chris Tucker was there. Anyone have any insight on this?

he's well-known in Africa. didn't get to see the diary last night but it sounds good.

Would anyone be able to convert it to PAL? I don't have cable/sat/digital so theres no hope of me seeing it. I only have 5 channels!! :lol:

Jo

U2One said:
I loved it and thought it was great!!! Good old Bono......i loved the ending when the elevator doors are closing on him and he says "i know that i can't change the world, but we can"

I loved that part, too!

I also liked watching him and Chris dancing with the people there, that was funny (Bono gave a little girl his shades-I thought that was so nice).

I'll tell ya what, I sure have tons of respect for the African people. All this crap going on, and they still can find reasons to smile. They're still friendly with people.

The lady who made the memory book for her children-great idea, but my god, how sad she must resort to making a memory book for her kids to learn about her, seeing as how she knows she won't live to see them grow up.

And then that girl at the assembly with all the other adults who had AIDS that was singing her heart out, and Bono mentioned that she had gotten out of bed earlier that day to go there, and she had AIDS-that made me think of the times I've stayed home from school because of a mere cold. If that lady could get out of bed, sick as she was, and go and do that, and not look or act sick, I can surely make it through a school day with a measly cold.

So much compassion from everyone who went there, from Bono, from Chris, from the two college students. You could tell they truly cared about this.

I'm doing an informative speech in my Advanced Speech class on the problem with AIDS in Africa, and I'm thinking of bringing this episode in for my report (the report's only supposed to be 5-7 minutes long, but maybe I could work something out with my teacher).

And I'm even more motivated to help out now. Anything I can do, any sites I can visit, any places I can go, any people I can call, whatever, let me know and I will help as much as I possibly can.

I'm so glad MTV finally showed this episode. I'm glad they did an episode on this in the first place. This is the coolest thing MTV's aired in a long time.

Angela

U2One said:
IGood old Bono......i loved the ending when the elevator doors are closing on him and he says "i know that i can't change the world, but we can"

I loved the part when the elevator doors were closing on him and he said "ouch". hahaha

:sad: I'm so glad that Bono is out there doing this...I had no idea how bad the situation was over in Africa...and I think that many other people were in that same position. I cannot respect this man enough. I love you, Bono! :hug: God bless!

I would definitely call it both heart breaking and hopeful. Yeah, I know HelloAngel already called it that, but those two thoughts were in my mind right after watching it. It was definitely moving and it showed how it proved that it won't require too much of our nation's "oh so precious money" to help save another continent.

wertsie said:
:sad: I'm so glad that Bono is out there doing this...I had no idea how bad the situation was over in Africa...and I think that many other people were in that same position. I cannot respect this man enough. I love you, Bono! :hug: God bless!

:yes:

Ditto.

Crzy4Bono, yeah, that was funny. Haha! :D.

See, that's another cool thing about that episode-they managed to balance the serious, sad stuff, with some humorous moments as well, so that we weren't depressed the entire hour.

Angela

I was amazed to find out how fresh water through a clean faucet could make such a difference to a village, at a cost of only $1,000. Think of how the villagers' daily routines changed when the women didn't have to walk 10 miles to get fresh, life-giving water.

There is so much we take for granted. I'm sure this is what showed Sec. O'Neill the potential in Africa!!!!!!

The Diary documentary was a fantastic eye-opener!!!!!!

"Ouch!!!...I can't ....but, we can!!!"

Back
Top Bottom