Bono shares the mic...what is you fave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono shares the mic...what?s your fave?

• Satellite of Love - with Lou Reed

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I?ve Got You Under My Skin - with Frank Sinatra

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Slide Away - with Michael Hutchence

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Joy - with Mick Jagger

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Stay - with Craig Armstrong

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Mrs.Sarajevo - with Luciano Pavarotti

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Sweet Fire of Love - with Robbie Robertson

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
This is so hard!!!!

I adore "Slide Away"...so haunting and beautiful...

But I love swingin' Bono in "I've Got You Under My Skin"...

And Bono and Mick???? My 2 fave frontmen??????

Ack!!! I can't pick!!!!

*decides to pick*

*goes with "Slide Away"

I picked Frank.. although what a hard choice!!!

Another goodie I like is "I'm not your baby" with Sinead... not a top one but I liked it.

Definately Miss Sarajevo. One of U2's finest moments, not to mention their best collaboration.

Although, Slide Away is a magnificent piece!

Another mentionable is In The Name of the Father.

Follower-
Mine would have to be in the none of the above catagory.
However I did cast a vote for Pav and Bono:)
My fav mic-sharing incident was when Bono haned Arun The HalfRockStar the mic at Hamilton and said sing-(since youre not the best guitar player) the words to "Peole Get Ready" and then HalfStar just made up some Bono type words and carried the moment while the whole band and arena cracked up.
;):):lol:

diamond

LOL diamond, Bono and our very own Arun V...yeah, how I could forgot that one? ;)

And SkeeK, this is a sin, I let Gavin out of my list! :D...although I would go with Childrens of the Revolution instead of In the Name of the Father.

As for collaborations with female singers, maybe you can help me out...I cannot remember other than Sinead...and I didn?t want to compare her only with men...don?t ask me why ;)

The idea is only studio work, not live performances, so Andrea Corr is out as well :D. Thanks for you votes so far!

SkeeK said:
Definately Miss Sarajevo. One of U2's finest moments, not to mention their best collaboration.

Although, Slide Away is a magnificent piece!

My sentiments precisely. So I voted for Miss Sarajevo. Makes me :sad:

I voted for Stay, cause it's one of my all time favorites in teh U2 cannon. However all of them are incredible songs.

But, what about Slow Dancing with Williie Nelson.

Another missed one is Bono and Sinead O'Conner - I'm Not Your Baby.

No problem though, cause while it's pretty cool, it's not one of my favourites.

Dear Mariana, I loved the songs he sung with the Corrs as well. As I said, it?s just that I was thinking more of studio work, you know. Lets think of another poll, with live performances ;)

I must confess that so far the results of this poll have been kinda surprising to me. I thought Joy and Slide Away (yeah, I?m biased ;)) would have more votes. But Mrs. Sarajevo is really a magnificent piece, I love the verses Pavarotti sings in Italian...good to hear that bit early in the morning when you open your window and there is that bright sun shine out there.

Plus is there someone else here who thinks it might have been nice to hear Bono singing Mystery Girl (or She?s a Mystery to Me) with Roy Orbison?

Thanks a lot

:)

None of the above. The correct answer is The Wanderer with all of U2 and Johnny Cash. He's the man in black people. But if we are being stricktly solo Bono then it's him and Frank all the way.

Being Australian, Slide Away is very special.
I love Sinead, so I remember the first time I heard I'm Not Your Baby ( if that is the one with the bird calls. L O V E D the bird calls:))

pick just one? awwwwwwwww...k.

Miss Sarajevo...it's the one that has aroused the most feeling fro me,a sentimental choice.

I don't know which song he sang with jewel at netaid.It definitely doesn't fit the studio criteria, but now I can:D I thought I'd put this pic here. It's a fave, what with me a U2 fan and hub a jewel fan. Classic!

Attachments

• bono_jewel_netaid.jpg
    bono_jewel_netaid.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 39
PS: just thought I'd tell you guys about this. I have just bought this month's Rolling Stone.They are offering a prize of a DVD box set featuring five Frank Sinatra live performances.If there are any serious Frank fans here it might be fun to enter.It is a very broad competition and I think ideal for Interferencers...

"Write to us about whatever is on your mind and if it ends up letter of the month, you win the above.."

Rolling Stone Letters
78 Renwick Street, Redfern.2016
NSW.Oz
or
letters@rstone.com.au

hmmm tell them whatever is on our minds?
**cass imagines an letter that goes something like..U2, bono, larry, the next album, bono, edge's wedding, bono, adam...did I mention bono? oh and frank sinatra...think about him a lot**:D
a bit of fun

follower said:
Plus is there someone else here who thinks it might have been nice to hear Bono singing Mystery Girl (or She?s a Mystery to Me) with Roy Orbison?

Totally totally completely unendingly yes!!

love that song sooo much, i wish there was a studio version with Bono singing.

SkeeK said:

Totally totally completely unendingly yes!!

love that song sooo much, i wish there was a studio version with Bono singing.

SkeeK, you?re my boy. :D

In case you don?t remember, he?s referring to Mystery Girl and/or Bono singing it with Roy Orbison.

and ArunV....keep on rehearsing, maybe one fine day you?ll be on my next poll :D

Come on people, keep the votes coming!

I've always loved Bono's collaboration with Clannad on "In A Lifetime"...gorgeous, haunting lyrics and delivery by Bono. This would be my pick for your second go around Maria.:yes: But staying along the lines of these choices, I'd have to go with "Sweet Fire of Love" with Robbie Robertson...that makes two of us now Martha.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom