Bono/Charity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
just been at the dinner table and discussing Live8 my brother's girlfriend just said she heard Bono now gives all he earns to charity nowadays since he's already too rich for words, etc?? how much truth lies in this?? Does he give a percentage? large sum? etc...?

discuss.

as far as i have heard he gives quuuuuite a lot. if not most. just he doesnt disclose publically how much he does, for obvious various reasons.

also, when he wrote "the sweetest thing" for his wife, he gave her all the proceeds from the song and she donated all of it to her favorite chernobyl/childrens charity, which she'd been involved in for years.

just because he may give away this much doesnt mean he'll be left with nothing or not much. he could give millions and millions, and he'd still be good off. so, people seem to get this confused.

Last edited:
mmm, i'll mention that to her...don't really feel like it though...I just spent the last 5 minutes defending my choice to listen to U2.

"I hate Bono. I hate U2...they're just bland"
"...g...get out of my house."

verbatim, i swear!!!

Bland???? does she have ears that work? LOL sorry, no offense to her.. but even most people who I know who hate U2, at least dont think they're bland. lol.

she must be stopped. :mad:

i bet you anything she's hardly heard a good amount of their stuff. i also bet that if you made her borrow (might be difficult, lol) and listen to "achtung baby" and "zooropa" that she might change her mind. at least maybe by the 2nd or 3rd listen. even though, if someone isnt moved by Achtung Baby, there's something wrong with them. seriously wrong with them. lol

Back
Top Bottom