Best Walk On Peformance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
Some people like The Boston Walk On from the Elevation Tour.... But i think Slane Castle was even Better. Whats the best Walk On Performance?

Tribute to Heroes with Peace on Earth snippet, Eurymethics' guitarist, and backing vocals. Amazing, even without the solo. It just made so much sense, worked so well.

The electric performances are all a much of a muchness to me. They're good, though.

Electric Walk On > acoustic Walk On with You'll Never Walk Alone snippet > acoustic Walk On without You'll Never Walk Alone snippet

coolian2 said:
Acoustic Walk On finds a much simpler beauty to Walk On.

It goes a little like this

Acoustic Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone > Acoustic Walk On > Elevation Walk On > Vertigo Electric Walk On

I completely disagree. The electric Walk On in Brisbane felt a little out of place in its setlist spot, but the actual performance was miles better than the acoustic version I heard in Auckland. What saved the Auckland version was the You'll Never Walk Alone snippet.

tuwie said:

what show(s) is this from?

btw, i loved the tribute to heroes one, it was really touching

·2006-11-25 - Auckland, New Zealand - Mt Smart Stadium (22 songs)
·2006-11-29 - Saitama, Japan - Saitama Super Arena (22 songs)

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/song511.html

It was also snippeted once during a MacPhisto phone call on ZooTV.

Don't get me wrong, every version of Walk On is excellent. I find myself listening to the version from Sydney quite often, but there's something i like about acoustic Walk On.

I'm also a supporter of acoustic Stay.

Jeffo17 said:
Just watched 2002 grammy's performance on Youtube hey that was pretty dam good!

That's my favorite performance of Walk On by a long shot. Love the gospel choir!

I do love the Tribute to Heroes version, if only for the bit after the beginning "whoa-oh-oh" where his last "oh" turns into this big wail of ... who knows what - rage? Pain? Despair? All of the above.

coolian2 said:
Don't get me wrong, every version of Walk On is excellent. I find myself listening to the version from Sydney quite often, but there's something i like about acoustic Walk On.

Acoustic Walk On was nice, but I'd never for a minute even entertain choosing it over the electric version.

I'd love to hear a performance of the electric version with You'll Never Walk Alone. :drool:

(Maybe that's what U2 should do next time they're in Liverpool.)

I'm also a supporter of acoustic Stay.

Heretic! I cast you out! :wink:

Because of the piano intro version of Walk On I've never been able to get with the live versions or even the album version. I honestly don't know the last time I heard the album version....the piano version is head and shoulders above all of them IMO. It's actually in my top 5 all time list. Phenomenal song.

WalkOnTheEdge said:
Because of the piano intro version of Walk On I've never been able to get with the live versions or even the album version. I honestly don't know the last time I heard the album version....the piano version is head and shoulders above all of them IMO. It's actually in my top 5 all time list. Phenomenal song.

Absolutely, “Walk On” is a phenomenal song. It is the song that turned me into a U2 fanatic.

I always liked them, but I was never into to them as I am now. When I bought “All That You Cant Leave Behind”, I liked the album immediately and “Walk On”, in particular, caught my attention in a very big way. I thought if a band can write such a song that touched me down to my very soul, I must revisit everything this band put down on record. Which is exactly what I did, the light bulb lite up and I finally got U2 and a fanatic for life was born.

Best $15 bucks I spend in my life and a song that keeps me going in times of stife in my life.

hughfan_1 said:

Best $15 bucks I spend in my life and a song that keeps me going in times of stife in my life.

Very interesting you say that... Recently it is a song that i have decided to use as inspiration for when i need it.

I like the Elevation Boston 4 one (the Ray Bourque one), and some of the 3rd leg E tour ones.

If you like a spiritual Walk On, 2001-12-02, Miami (Last show Elevation Tour) might be the one for you.

My Sweet Lord (George Harrison cover) leading in, "40" snippeted, powerful Bono. And the quality is great too:

http://www. save file. com /files/410078

Back
Top Bottom