Best Song Survivor: Rattle And Hum Round VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the seventh and final round for Rattle And Hum in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two songs from Rattle And Hum will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round, Desire was eliminated. The two songs left at the end of this round proceed to the late eighties quarter final.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
9. Love Rescue Me
8. When Love Comes To Town
7. Van Diemen's Land
6. Angel Of Harlem
5. Hawkmoon 269
4. Desire

FINALISTS
1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. Running To Stand Still
7. In God's Country
8. One Tree Hill

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
41 votes: Desire
36: God Part II
23: Heartland
3: All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 103)

I hate to vote for it, but God Part II. Heartland rules and needs to go through. And I think AIWIY's studio version is marginally superior to God Part II's studio version. Plus a God Part II vote is the obvious way to help the Heartland cause.

Some people, who are putting off the inevitable, don't want to move onto Achtung Baby in the next hour or two.

God Part II....giving that song an eleven point lead. Let's hope Axver is up an hour or two from now because this will surely be mercy ruled.

Don't we have the mid-late 80's B-sides first?

Correct, plus we have the late eighties quarter finals and the eighties semi-finals. Achtung is a wee way off yet.

I'm prepared to mercy rule this once God Part II gets to a 20 vote lead.

I'm prepared to mercy rule this once God Part II gets to a 20 vote lead.

Not gonna happen...voted Heartland, mostly out of irritation for the misguided eliminations of Hawkmoon and Van DiemEn's Land.

Not gonna happen...voted Heartland, mostly out of irritation for the misguided eliminations of Hawkmoon and Van DiemEn's Land.

How's that feeling of being wrong working for you? :wink:

I said I'd close with a 20 vote lead. It's now 21. This is bog-standard mercy rule territory.

VOTING CLOSED.

Back
Top Bottom