Best Song Survivor: Late 1980s Quarter Final Round VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the sixth and last late eighties quarter final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top seven songs from the late eighties quarter final will proceed to the eighties semi-final and meet the top five early eighties songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

Heartland. Fuck.

The seven songs left at the end of this round proceed to the eighties semi-finals.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
14. Love Comes Tumbling
=12. The Three Sunrises
=12. Luminous Times
11. Spanish Eyes
10. In God's Country
9. Heartland

SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Out Of Control
2. The Electric Co.
3. Gloria
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. New Year's Day

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
33 mistakes: Heartland
24 votes: Running To Stand Still
6: Pride
5: One Tree Hill
4: The Unforgettable Fire
2: A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad
1: With Or Without You, All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 78)

Running this can be lame sometimes.

Besides bandwagoning, I've been voting RTSS for the whole quarter-final. It's great but there's better, and too many better songs have been eliminated while it's hung around.

Bad again, studio Bad <<< everything else here.

Don't feel bad, Axver. I know that when my favorite song comes up, it will be voted out very quickly. I'll be shocked if SIAMYCGOO makes it to the 3rd round of ATYCLB, but we shall see. And that song is waaaay better than Heartland. :wink:

Pride.

After the utter lack of taste that was the elimination of Heartland, I'm back voting for Pride.

A Sort of Homecoming does not deserve to be in such company.. same as heartland did'nt

Well.... I've said it before and I'll say it again. Studio ASOH I don't enjoy nearly as much as live. Not to say it isn't an amazing song, but to me the studio version just doesn't have the magic that it has live. (Just as some feel that way about Bad or RTSS, I feel that about ASOH)
However I still don't know which song to vote here. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom