Best Song Survivor: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Round VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the eighth and penultimate round for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two songs from this album will proceed to the 2000s semi-final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the previous round, Miracle Drug was eliminated.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
11. A Man And A Woman
10. Yahweh
9. One Step Closer
8. All Because Of You
7. Crumbs From Your Table
6. Love And Peace Or Else

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Fly
10. Zooropa
11. Stay
12. Gone

2000S SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Beautiful Day
2. Walk On
3. Kite

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
25 votes: Miracle Drug
23: Original Of The Species
13: SYCMIOYO
9: Vertigo
4: City Of Blinding Lights
(Total votes: 74)

How the hell is OOTS still here.

In fact, the only decent song left is COBL. EYKIW, you're going to the dogs.

Thank God OOTS survived that last round. I'm saving my vote for now, but I suspect it will go to SYCwhatever to help save OOTS.

OOTS has to be a joke. A parody of platitudinous adult-alternative schlock, or something that I would never listen to but give a noncommittal pass to because it's supposed to suck. OOTS itself, on the other hand...one of U2's all-time lows.

I cry:sad:

LOL

That hurt to have to vote considering I did not see the other rounds

I would have definitely started with A Man & A Woman

:doh: Wow. These rounds have FAILED.

How on earth is OOTS STILL HERE? It's rubbish! At least SYCMIOYO came off pretty well live. OOTS pretty much has no redeeming features.

I am cry.

OOTS has to die now.

It's a shame that there's only ONE decent song left of the whole album. What a failure this round is.

Again...and...again...and...again...SYCMIOYO.
Easily the weakest track of the whole album.
( okay closely followed by ABOY , OOTS and Yahweh )

Seeing the last 4 tracks left makes me miss OSC , AMAAW and CFYT even more:sad:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

SYCMIOYO

but i love it

4 great songs here. In fact, all 4 of these songs are better than anything on NLOTH.

What the fuck happened here?? How did Vertigo, Sometimes and OOTS make it to the final?

We might as well keep the humour going and eliminate COBL

Aaaaargh, it'd be a shame to vote for SYCMIOYO to save OOTS, but I think that's what needs to be done, as Vertigo & COBL look to be on the safe side.

The next click is gonna hurt. :reject:

How is COBL studio version so popular??? I love the song live put the album version sounds boring.

My top 4 favourite songs are still here. Good work fellas. :grouphug::yippie:
I hope, next will be OOTS.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - one of the best song of last decade. :bono:

After Boots we all learned to appreciate and value what we already have :lol:

The better answer is that Bomb is an awful album (by U2 standards), and Vertigo is certainly better than most of what has been eliminated. Boots is miles better than Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom