Best Song Survivor: Grand Final XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the twelfth grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the eleventh grand final, EYKIW forgot to let The Unforgettable Fire survive one more round and voted it into fifth place in the tournament.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone
13. Magnificent
12. Beautiful Day
11. A Sort Of Homecoming
The Top 10
10. Zooropa
9. Stay
8. All I Want Is You
7. One Tree Hill
6. Until The End Of The World
5. The Unforgettable Fire

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
47 votes: The Unforgettable Fire
32: New Year's Day
12: The Fly
9: With Or Without You
8: Bad
(Total votes: 108)

WOWY.

I suppose NYD's elimination in this round is pretty likely. Shame, since I think it's the best song left.

May as well vote for The Fly, although actually I probably should've voted for Bad. Doesn't really matter, though. These are all good songs... just not my favourites.

Hard choice here, certainly NOT NYD.

Probably Bad, I'll vote Bad. Just less enjoyable than the other 3. Better than WOWY live though.....doesn't matter though.

NYD. I don't even know why it's still here... I guess people just don't dislike it enough to have voted it off earlier, even if not as many people like it.

Same here Addicted to Bad, it's been my #1 song ever since I listed to the studio version for the first time.

The Fly what is it doing here :huh:

I'll be voting for either Bad or the Fly here, but I haven't made up my mind just yet. Leaning towards voting for Bad. This shit is tough.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm voting for the Fly. 80's U2 ftw.

Voted NYD. Cool it made it this far :up: For me anyways, NYD is the "sound" of 80's U2 and brings back memories of hearing that unmistakable U2 sound on the radio back then. Guess it's a nostalgic thing too why I rank it so high.

The next two rounds are gonna be brutal (seeing the way the votes for those three songs currently stack up).

:yawn: NYD . . . don't get me wrong, its a brilliant song I is just tired of it at the minute. . . and have to stay true to the goosebumple meter . .. no bumps, buh bye :)

(had a little listen to WOWY, studio version, for the first time in a while yesterday - its just bloody gorgeous . . . think it's possibly a case, round these here parts anyway, of the song just being heard a zillion times live and peeps getting a little tired of hearing it - and the band getting a little tired of playing it mebbe :shrug:)

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I'm really surprised to see WOWY rated so high.

Yeah, I thought EYKIW's general opinion was that it's overrated. Well apparently not!

Well I don't mind, I think out of the remaining three it'd beat The Fly. Since this is studio versions only.

I personally love WOWY... but I don't see what makes it better than, say, Stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom