Best Song Survivor: 1990s Semi Final X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the tenth and last 1990s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top seven 1980s songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

Mofo was eliminated in the last round. The five songs left at the end of this round move onto the grand final. Next up are the qualifying rounds for All That You Can't Leave Behind.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Slug
15. Miss Sarajevo
=13. Last Night On Earth
=13. Your Blue Room
12. Lemon
11. Mysterious Ways
10. Lady With The Spinning Head
9. Please
8. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
7. Mofo

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
38 votes: Mofo
26: Acrobat
11: Gone
10: Zooropa
7: Stay
3: The Fly
2: Until The End Of The World
(Total votes: 97)

Stay. Fairly easy choice. It's probably the weakest song here (or UTEOTW is, thanks to the hack job done on its studio mix), and it looks like the best shot at protecting Acrobat and Gone, the two best songs U2 have recorded since the end of the eighties.

I voted for Zooropa. I don't know for some reason I can't get into that song.

Stay to save one of U2's all time classics in Acrobat. I guess it's being bandwagoned out because people haven't heard it live? Just a simple case of not hearing it enough as the more well-known songs I guess, and no live version even though this is a studio-only poll.

UTEOTW. Can't bring myself to vote for any of the others, plus it's one I regularly skip on Achtung.

ACROBAT!!!

If this song doesn't leave, I am punching someone/something...

If Acrobat does leave, I am punching someone/something.

Let's have it out in the EYKIW boxing ring, Mr 2861.

Axver... :angry:

For the record, I voted for Acrobat. It has greatly surpassed the time it deserved, and it's burned way too many bridges in the process.

I am not looking forward to the next round. It's not easy having your favorite U2 song not very well-liked around here. Most people's favorite song is Streets or Bad or The Fly or One Tree Hill or a song that has made it to the semi-finals, or at least pretty close. My favorite song is Stuck In A Moment. I'll be surprised if it makes it to the 4th round of ATYCLB.

But still I will fight for it! :rockon:

I am not looking forward to the next round. It's not easy having your favorite U2 song not very well-liked around here. Most people's favorite song is Streets or Bad or The Fly or One Tree Hill or a song that has made it to the semi-finals, or at least pretty close. My favorite song is Stuck In A Moment. I'll be surprised if it makes it to the 4th round of ATYCLB.

But still I will fight for it! :rockon:

Aww. Sorry to hear it. My two favorite U2 songs are Lemon and Please... so I understand the pain of losing such a fight. :hug:

It's about time EYKIW finally made the correct decision and voted out Acrobat, there have been too many wrong decisions IMO. (Lemon and Please voting anyone?)

Gone. :shrug: I don't think it stands up to the remaining songs.

And what's with the Acrobat hate!

I personally love the song but it deserves to be voted out, it's great but does not compare to the epic GREATNESS of Lemon and Please (Yes, I will never get over that, haha!) which got voted out early ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom