Best Song Survivor: 1990s Semi Final I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the first 1990s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top seven 1980s songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the 1990s miscellaneous round, Lady With The Spinning Head and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me decimated the opposition and qualified for the semis in a mercy-ruling.

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
44 votes: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
42: Lady With The Spinning Head
22: North And South Of The River
19: Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1
18: Sweetest Thing '98
17: Salome
16: Slow Dancing '93
13: Holy Joe (Garage Mix), Two Shots Of Happy
8: Where Did It All Go Wrong? (Yeah, only eight votes? Where did it all go wrong, EYKIW?)
7: I'm Not Your Baby
3: Slow Dancing '97
2: Bottoms, Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)
1: Viva Davidoff
(Total votes: 52 - mercy ruled)

Miss Sarajevo is a fairly easy choice for me here. Not a bad song, but it doesn't interest me nearly as much as the other tracks.

All great songs here, but I have to vote Last Night On Earth, although its a song that I love. :(

It was between LNOE or Miss Sarajevo for me, I went with Miss Sarajevo. Maybe I should have voted LNOE though...

Slug is definitely one of the weaker tracks here, but I can't bring myself to vote for it just yet. I went with Mofo.

Sad to see Slug and Miss Sarajevo getting votes.

Voted MS to defend Slug.
Slug might be the best track on Passengers.
But only slightly better than YBR...for me offcourse:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Voted MS to defend Slug.
Slug might be the best track on Passengers.
But only slightly better than YBR...for me offcourse:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I'd say Beach Sequence is the best on Passengers, but Slug is a strong second. It'll be a shame if it's ousted in the first round here. It's my fifth favourite song in these finals, after The Fly, Acrobat, Zooropa, and Gone.

LNOE. If this board votes to get rid of Slug, I will officially have lost confidence in the human race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom