Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semi Final I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the first 1980s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top seven songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top five nineties songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The last song eliminated from the late eighties quarter finals was Running To Stand Still. A Sort Of Homecoming, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, With Or Without You, One Tree Hill, and All I Want Is You progress to the semi-finals. They now meet the five early eighties semi-finalists, and seven of these twelve songs will make the grand finals. Seeding in the grand finals is weighted by the amount of albums a decade produced, plus one extra song (i.e. the eighties has six albums, thus seven songs).

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
14. Love Comes Tumbling
=12. The Three Sunrises
=12. Luminous Times
11. Spanish Eyes
10. In God's Country
9. Heartland
8. Running To Stand Still
1-7 qualified for semi-finals

SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Out Of Control
2. The Electric Co.
3. Gloria
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. New Year's Day
6. A Sort Of Homecoming
7. Pride
8. The Unforgettable Fire
9. Bad
10. With Or Without You
11. One Tree Hill
12. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
24 votes: Running To Stand Still
19: Pride
14: A Sort Of Homecoming
10: The Unforgettable Fire, One Tree Hill
8: Bad
3: With Or Without You, All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 91)

One song clearly does not belong here: Sunday Bloody Sunday. Good song but the studio version just feels a little lacking to me.

I love that all four UF quarter finalists made it to the semis.

The seven songs that I want to progress are:
1. One Tree Hill
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. New Year's Day
6. Gloria
7. The Electric Co.

well, Bad. As I said earlier, I really don't like the studio version, so...
Sorry, Axver. I hope my vote doesn't upset you :wave:

You've traumatised me. How will I ever get over this?

:wink: Nah, I'm just hoping my top three from the above rankings make it. And, actually, I'd probably consider Bad more expendable than NYD and Gloria, now that I come to think of it.

Out of Control is easily my least favourite here. But it has zero chance of being eliminated until after Pride and Sunday Bloody Sunday are gone. :sad:

Catching up after being out of town. Bummer to see Heartland and RTSS gone.

I can't decide between Pride and SBS this round, I'll have to come back.

Edit - Had to put these in order now for my voting order - so Pride it is for me this round........

1- Bad
2- OTH
3- ASOH
4- TUF
5- OOC
6- Electric Co.
7- Gloria
8- WOWY
9- AIWIY
10- NYD
11- SBS
12- Pride

SBS easily. No way is Pride studio worse than SBS studio. C'mon! You people are :coocoo: :wink:
Seriously though, Pride on the album is magic, too bad so many people got tired of it live.

Voted SBS

I`m not that big fan of Pride live:madspit:
I find it rather boring live.
But the studio version is out of this world:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Sunday Bloody Sunday > Pride, and I will vote accordingly if necessary. Consider my vote saved for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom