Best of to include a DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
As posted at U2log.com

Universal in Portugal released some news about the Best Of compilation to the press: the limited edition is a 2CD + DVD set.

The 2 CDs come in a standard jewel case and the DVD in a card case. The DVD is called "History Mix" and features a 20 min documentary on some of the band's video clips. [as reported in Voxpop, via U2Portugal]

Lots of U2 all the time

:wink:

Now, does that mean the DVD will JUST be the 20 min "history mix"? Or will it include the videos from the 90's/00's and include a history mix.

I think it would be kind of lame if we didn't get the 90's videos.

BEAL said:
Now, does that mean the DVD will JUST be the 20 min "history mix"? Or will it include the videos from the 90's/00's and include a history mix.

I think it would be kind of lame if we didn't get the 90's videos.

Wishful thinking.

The bonus DVD will be a teaser to purchase to "Best of" DVD and the Slane DVD. ;)

Like I really need to be pushed into buying U2 products!

I think this teaser DVD will have the same 'history mix' as U2 put on their Achtung Baby Videos... video (and which they used in MTV Rockumentaries at that time, and in the A Year In Pop special). So it'll just show the history of U2 up until 1989/1990 in a very brief format. Maybe they extend it a little bit (as that 'history mix' did not run for 20 minutes), but I guess that'll be it.
Even if the teaser DVD will only include that I'll not be disappointed. First, it's an extra to come with the 2CD Ltd. Edition. Second, I don't have this on DVD yet and I have the feeling U2 will not release the Achtung Baby Videos... on DVD, especially not as their new DVD will apparently include all their '80s and '90s videos (so also those of Achtung Baby).

Just my guess...

C ya!

Marty

Swan269 said:
oops, Didn't mean to steal your thunder follower :shrug:

And I don?t take things that personally my friend ;)

In fact is good that you created a new thread, so that more people can read about that and comment.

This is excellent news. So many goodies! Now if only the final issue of Propaganda would be shipped out. *snort*

Back
Top Bottom