Best live version of "the fly"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickphisto

The Fly
what is everyones favorite live version of the fly?

i like the elevation version the best. possib ly boston dvd version.

The 20 September 2005, Chicago performance with a snippet of Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is exceptional.

ZooTV: Sydney

The guitar is just better in that version than in any other I've seen.

The Elevation Boston Fly is perfectly amazing, but it's so different from the gritty, dark core of the ZooTV version and even Vertigo one.

my favorite for now is the 1993-08-28 ZooTV Dublin one, but that'll probably change by next week.

Perfect FLY....

ZOO TV Vocals
ELEVATION Introduction
VERTIGO Music

That would be pure sex.

If Elevation Fly weren't in a girly key compared to the original, I'd vote for that.

Boston 2005-05-26, oh man. Best version I've ever heard, personally; I like the Vertigo tour's sound the best. The Vertigo Chicago one, though, always pales in comparison. will gladly upload Boston for you guys!

It's a toss up between Vertigo and Elevation versions, for me. I love them both to death. I love the Elevation intro and how rockin' it makes the rest of the song feel, but Vertigo just rocks throughout and the chorus is better. I'd take either over ZooTV, personally, though ZooTV ruled as well. The Fly is just badass no matter what.

I love The Fly no matter what version it is but my favorite for now is probably the Elevation Tour version.

For me the studio version of The Fly is one of the best pieces of music written by anybody ever, so no live version can compare...
However.......i love the elevation version, the lovely new vocal arrangement, the beautiful new opening guitar lines, with bono going on about " light and motion.." etc over it. Wonderful.

Atlanta November 18th 2005 is amazing.
Vertigo versions rule.

I like the Vertigo versions because they have a really powerful intro that beats you to death.
the "Daddys Gonna Pay" and "Where is The Fly" versions are :drool: :drool:

any version! I love it too much. In any guise. It can be amazing in such different versions. But Boston DVD is absolutely ass-kicking.

An Cat Gav said:
For me the studio version of The Fly is one of the best pieces of music written by anybody ever, so no live version can compare...
However.......i love the elevation version, the lovely new vocal arrangement, the beautiful new opening guitar lines, with bono going on about " light and motion.." etc over it. Wonderful.

I agree with you

1-Studio version (each band member is at his best)
2-Elevation
3-Zoo TV

1 - ZooTV
2 - Elevation
3 - Vertigo
4 - Studio

ZooTV has the best guitar, most rocking guitar. It sounds better. Elevation is great, but the guitar is not in the correct tune to be truly The Fly, IMO. And I like it better with Edge's background vocals overlapping with Bono's during the chorus. Still, it has the intro. Vertigo, I don't like the intro as much, and I wish the drums weren't changed either. I used to like The Fly studio a lot, but after hearing ZooTV, it just doesn't sound as good. Bono's deep voice is better than the whisper he has on studio.

Sao Paulo

Jean Genie/"Where's The Fly?"/The Fly/Satisfaction PLUS that giant led screen :drool:

Elevation. First time I heard it I was in bloody awe! :wink: I love it in a different key and the whole band is fantastic, especially The Edge who plays one of the best solos of his entire career. The Veritgo performances sound a little flat in comparison but Zoo TV is always a good'un.

victor_f said:
Sao Paulo

Jean Genie/"Where's The Fly?"/The Fly/Satisfaction PLUS that giant led screen :drool:

I love how Bono mangled "The Jean Genie" lyrics :drool:

Almost as great as when he mangled a "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" snippet in 2005-09-21's Elevation.

Regina O'Numb thx. for the link & putting it on YT! Edge was on fire. That was one of the best performances he has ever done!

Loved how they had the Zoo Tv - type back screens. Now I'm getting really excited about Zoo Tv coming out!!
:hyper:

How could the Fly be performed by anyone other than the Fly himself!?!

simple really.

The one from Buenos Aires second night is amazing, it is the song I watch the most on that DVD, I like that one even more than Sao Paulo, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom