Best last track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Sage

War Child
I'm hoping someone will make a poll of this at some point, but until then, what is your favourite last song on a U2 album?

So many of the final tracks are amazing - 40, MLK, Love is Blindness, The Wanderer and Mothers Of The Disappeared are all beautiful, atmospheric songs, with deep, emotional lyrics. Also, The Ground Beneath Her Feet definitely deserves a mention (yes, I know it's originally from MDH), for those of us lucky enough to have this song replace the relatively awful Grace as the final track on ATYCLB. These tracks all come very close to being among my favourite tracks on their albums.

Shadows and Tall Trees, Is That All and Wake Up Dead Man are also all good songs, but not quite the level of the others, and the less said about Grace the better IMHO.

If I had to choose a single favourite, i'd probably say 40 or Love is Blindness...wait, that's not a single favourite...er...well I guess it would depend on my mood at the time, but it would definitely be one of 40/MLK/LIB/The Wanderer/MOTD/TGBHF :scratch:

So from this list of (mostly) near-perfect songs, which would you say was the best? Assuming you can be more decisive than me, that is...

Hmm, that's quite difficult. There are quite a few great last tracks. Grace, Love Is Blindness, All I Want Is You, The Wanderer. That's difficult.

C ya!

Marty (who doesn't consider TGBHF as a last track)

The Sage said:
it would definitely be one of 40/MLK/LIB/The Wanderer/MOTD/TGBHF :scratch:

Well, that certainly narrows it down!:wink:

I think I would have to pick 40. I can't listen to that without hearing thousands of voices singing along. Sometimes it gives me chills, it's so uplifting.

Re: Re: Best last track?

biff said:

Well, that certainly narrows it down!:wink:

:madspit:

Well, if you're going to be like that, you can take away MOTD cause it's not quite as good as the rest, and take away TGBHF as I suppose it shouldn't really count as a last track.

Happy now? ;)

for the non-European ATYCLB, Grace. 40 is good but I've always considered it not to be purely U2 since it's a paraphrase of Psalm 40. LIB is WAY to dark and depressing, just not my taste. Grace is artistic (I love the way Bono personifies Grace) soothing and peaceful. I use it to close a lot of my U2 mixes.

As a closer, Love is blindness.

As a song, my favorite closing track is All i want is you.

My favorite is "40". I really like "Grace" as the closer though. Very peaceful and goes well with the ATYCLB theme.

All I Want Is You
MLK
The Wanderer
Mothers of the Disappeared
Grace
Love Is Blindness
Is That All?
Let's Go Native
Shadows and Tall Trees
Wake Up Dead Man

Who closes an album better than U2? All are great songs! I can't decided which I like better, "40" or "Wake Up Dead Man".

Yes, after thinking about this, most of the closing songs are really very good indeed, although it does appear that they prefer to go out on the more brooding, softer side of things anyway I think All I want is you works best, it is such a nice contrast from TSSB and BTBS and I also love 40 from the masterpiece that is War and I love Is that all, I honestly really love this song and it is a great rawk song to close October with:)

Is that All for sure.....most underrated u2 song.....

...sorry i have no time for 40, its my worst album closer....

IS THAT ALL? ROCKS

love is blindness. actually, it's my favorite song at any time. it's like a snap back into the reality that our world is now...

perfect way to end ab. perfect way to end zoo tv (with can't help falling in love). imo, that song is as perfect as a song can get.

Back
Top Bottom