Best Album Survivor: Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, October slightly edged out Original Soundtracks 1 as Interference's least favorite U2 album. Now round two begins. For the next 24 hours, vote for your least favorite remaining album and the one with the most votes will be eliminated on our quest towards an albums ranking by which to run the next Best Song Survivor series.

The ranking as of present:
13. October

I'm a little worried by the fact that the first round of the last Best Album Survivor had 114 total votes, as opposed to 37 for us.

Yeah hard to consider it a representative sample...although, it's pretty much in line with how many people actually post in the forum any more :sigh: :shrug:

Couple of oddities from round 1: an Extreme Lurker (heya! :wave: ) who's been here since 2002 and only posted 8 times, voting...and members posting opinions, and not voting. :huh:

gvox said:
Couple of oddities from round 1: an Extreme Lurker (heya! :wave: ) who's been here since 2002 and only posted 8 times, voting...and members posting opinions, and not voting. :huh:
I noticed this too. I don't really see the point in posting an opinion if you're not going to vote for it.

Globo14 said:
I noticed this too. I don't really see the point in posting an opinion if you're not going to vote for it.

I prefer to check this place when i'm using the Iphone, and here (iphone) you can't see or vote for the poll. I had to use the notebook to log in and vote. But maybe ppl using their iphones are thinking that by posting an opinion digitize will count them manually as a vote, i dunno, maybe i'm far off base here.

re In A Little While: I'm on the fence with it half the time. I don't think it's worth them playing at every damn show, that's for sure.

I'm thinking this is going to get very hard for me, given the parameters I came into this as (ie, which 1 album could I not possibly live without on a desert island)...I don't think I have just one..not saying that ATYCLB is one of them per se..

But then I think about it..songs I can and can't live without...ok, a song like Beautiful Day is essential, yes, but it's coming out album or no album. So are Stuck and Elevation, two songs I could truly do without. But is Kite? Walk On? When I Look At The World? Peace On Earth (I like it!)? They're not singles, but I think they make very nice album songs. Now what?

OpenG180 said:
I prefer to check this place when i'm using the Iphone, and here (iphone) you can't see or vote for the poll. I had to use the notebook to log in and vote. But maybe ppl using their iphones are thinking that by posting an opinion digitize will count them manually as a vote, i dunno, maybe i'm far off base here.

I have an iPhone and I voted. You have to touch the "view poll" at the top, touch your choice then hit the vote button.

Went with HTDAAB this time, although it was a tough call. I rarely listen to War all the way through, but I think it has a few more highlights than Bomb. Although, I'm not a Bomb hater like some seem to be- it's alright.

That's actually not true! If you're using the iPhone app, you can vote.

However, I am not so generous as to go through and checking to see if everyone who stated an opinion actually voted.

I really can't bring myself to vote out OS1, and voting for anything else would pretty much be a waste at this point. I certainly couldn't vote out October because of my own well-known personal and historical connection with that album cover.

I think Bomb, mediocre as it is, should at least outlast the misguided Pop, but I'm not counting on that either.

(sigh) Maybe it's time to move to a Rush forum. :)

I voted POP because in the world I live in Passengers was already kicked out in round 1.

I'm gonna go ahead and post my album rankings just because:

The Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
Boy
Achtung Baby
October
War
Pop
Zooropa
Rattle & Hum
No Line On The Horizon
Passengers OST1