Best album performed live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Live Material

• Hat Dub

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • ATYCLB

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Pop

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • AB

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • RandH

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • TjT

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • TuF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • War

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Boy

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Ok I stole this idea from another thread. Which album do you think has provided the best live material?

I'm gonna say Pop

Mofo
Gone
Last Night on Earth
Please
Discotheque
Wake Up Dead Man

are all delicious live

althooooough

Zoo Station
The Fly
Until the End of the World
Ultraviolet
MYsterious Ways
Love is Blindness
Even Better than the Real Thing

crap, now i dont know

i guess it is AB

hummm... can't decide... in AB only Wild Horses, So Cruel and EBTTRT make me prefer the studio. The last two albums seem to work very well live too... but I think I'm going for JT...

Hat Dub ???? :huh: :eyebrow:

Anyway though it's very easy for anyone to come with AB , or JT , or Pop which was the big transformation , development ..........

I'm Gonna go with :

Angel of Harlem in 89 :drool: ....... Done with full back band
Desire - Extened with crazy solos
AIWIY - good as original
WLCTT - Done with BB
AATW - Possibly the highlight of LT tour
God Part II - Needless to say .....
Hawkmoon 269 - WHatta Gem as well live :drool:

For the perfomances of Lovetown I go with RH

though not my favourite album it would have to be Joshua Tree by a landslide

not just because of the major hits on the album, but because of Running to Stand, Bullet, Exit + the sporadic attempts af Mothers of the Disappeared

Do you mean most improved? Then it's between Pop and Zooropa, and I'd probably take Zooropa.

If not, then either Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby.

doesnt necessarily mean most improved, just means which album has provided the mostest bestest live material

I was debating whether to choose The Joshua Tree or Rattle and Hum. It was a tough choice.

In the end, TJT won.

Chizip said:
I'm gonna say Pop

Mofo
Gone
Last Night on Earth
Please
Discotheque
Wake Up Dead Man

are all delicious live

I agree... except for maybe Discotheque which I prefer on the album. I'm voting Pop despite live masterpieces from Achtung like LIB, UTEOTW and ZS.

I and I in the said:
Appear to have skipped October.

do you think anyone would honestly vote october as having the best live material out of all their albums?

it was left off intentionally

Chizip said:

do you think anyone would honestly vote october as having the best live material out of all their albums?

I would have seriously considered it. Gloria, I Threw A Brick, Rejoice, Fire, and Tomorrow were all amazing live. I'd be willing to bet liamcool would vote for either it or Boy.

I went with JT though. Almost all of its songs are or were incredible live, especially One Tree Hill. Songs such as Exit and ZooTV Bullet rocked immensely, MOTD and RTSS are powerful and moving, In God's Country was great, and Streets is obviously a live classic.

I'd say War. Just by judging War and Under a Blood Red Sky.

Most of the earlier stuff transferred better live than the newer stuff me thinks...

Chizip said:

Actually Chizip, October would be the album I would say had the best live material. No joke.

1. Gloria- no explanation needed.
2. I Fall Down- I don't know why but I love the piano opening and Bono seemed to be very playful when they did this song.
3. I Threw A Brick- Was so great live just watch Red Rocks
4. Rejoice- It had so much more energy than most of the songs has done recently.
5. Fire- The album version isn't very good but the darkness of the live version captures what direction the band might have gone if that hadn't gone for a hit.
6. Tommorrow- Live, it was the best song they had played up to that point.
7. October- "You go on, and on, and on..." The end always gives me shivers.
8. With A Shout- Bono's passion on this song is amazing.

October had so much passion and energy when performed live. U2 never was able to make an album with that much energy when done live. Larry's drumming on these songs is the better than on any other album in my opinion. Edge and Adam really bring it too. This is by far the album with the best live material. TJT and AB are two and three respectively.

AB easily is what i'd like to hear the most...

but their most playable live hits are JT. easy.

Pop was their biggest flop live.
and i like pop, but well they still haven't figure out how to play a single song from that album live, except, maybe gone. which still has its quirks and edges kicking guitars across the stage.

scottyT said:
Pop was their biggest flop live.
and i like pop, but well they still haven't figure out how to play a single song from that album live, except, maybe gone. which still has its quirks and edges kicking guitars across the stage.

What do you think was wrong with Last Night On Earth and Mofo live?

Axver said:

What do you think was wrong with Last Night On Earth live?

Bonos guitar wasnt loud enough (but it's still clearly audible) and Edge could've done a mean solo at the end, but he just played those 2 notes over and over again.

but other than that the song is :drool: :drool: :drool: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom