beautifulgarbage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
I got this CD yesterday, and I'm pretty impressed with it(as I was with their live set, which is why I got the CD). Anyone else here have this CD or a fan of Garbage?

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

Don't have it yet. It's on my Christmas list though. I do like Garbage. Cool band with great sound. Oh, and Shirley's not bad to look at either.

~ME THREE

------------------
Ice age coming
Ice age coming

I've got all their CDs, and I must say that Beautiful Garbage is their most solid album to date and more wide-ranged. I love Shut Your Mouth, Cherry Lips, Til the Day That I Die, Parade, and Nobody Loves You.

They are way better live though. The guitars crunch and the beats are entremely loud.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Love love love them.
biggrin.gif

Glad I finally saw them live with U2.

------------------
There's heat in the sun to see us through the rain

I wouldn't say that "Beautifulgarbage' has what I personally consider the band's absolute BEST songs ("Vow", "#1 Crush" are IMO) but I would say that it's their strongest album as far as a collection of songs. Very little filler ("Untouchable" sounds almost Britney-ish).

If I had another complaint I would say that the band's sound hasn't really grown very much from their first album. But I still do love the album.

I've always like their singles, but had never bought any of their Cds before. Thanks to U2, I've seen Garbage 3 times this fall, and I LOVE them now!!!!! Beautifulgarbage is fabulous--I love Shut Your Mouth, Androgeny, Til the Day I Die, Silence is Golden, Cherry Lips, Breaking the Girl, and Parade. Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And their touring bass player is a babe. He shakes it as much as Salome!!!

smile.gif

------------------
I'm too sexy for my cat

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 12-10-2001).]

Yes, definitely, Garbage is one of my favorites, and have been since the beginning. Too bad I missed them, though I can't complain about PJ Harvey.

AHHHH... I love Garbage
smile.gif
Having them open fro U2 was like Christmas for me! Shirley kicks some serious ass. Personally, I like Version 2.0 best, but the new album is great as well, I agree with Skeek too - Push It is my favorite, also love Medication.

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Yeah, I have that CD and their other two. I really like it, especially Drive You Home, Cup of Coffee, Androgyny, and Cherry Lips. It was great to see Garbage open for U2.

Garbage ranks among my favourite bands. I really like 'em a lot. Their new album is probably my favourite Garbage album. My fav song though is Push it.

I love all three Garbage albums, but I still prefer the first. If BeautifulGarbage is the only one you have, go out and get the others! Especially the first! And listen to "Vow"! A lot!

Back
Top Bottom