Are there any confrontational/ critical U2 fans here anymore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm generally pretty laid back about what U2 does. High ticket prices? Eh. Srugs shoulders, gets it off eBay and goes stands in the rafters. Underwhelmed by the music? Frustration from waiting for a new studio album? Buy CDs from other groups.

I just remember what it was like with the critical/ complainers a few years back. Some posters were goofy (to me that is). Some could piss people/ create frustration. But now I sort of miss that junx. To be honest I actually enjoyed reading the critiques and have come to embrace some ideas. I dunno. Is there anyone out there willing to post a critique of U2 for old time's sake or do we have to wait until a new album comes out?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I have loved a majority of what they have given us, but if I don't like something it doesn't mean I will shove it down the throats of others.

And I agree, setlist bitching gets old real fast. :down:

yes it does!!

Thing is, U2 is like family. As ridiculous as that sounds, it's like no matter what they do I still think I'd be supportive (supportive doesn't always mean agreeing with them, but just giving them space to be experimental, to screw up, to be human, whatever).

But they've proved themselves to me for 20 years with hardly anything for me to gripe about whatsoever. Even if I am underwhelmed by a record here and there, it's no big deal to me. And I adore their personalities.

I guess if I heard Elevation in a Coke commercial I'd have a thing or two to say.

But all in all, U2 as a band and as people have so much musical and personal integrity it seems ridiculous to gripe about the little stuff.

The_acrobat said:
Yeah, what ever happened to rogeurum anyway?

elvis didnt like so he did away with him.

i still keep in contact with the guy, if you really want to get a hold of him let me know.

I'm of the opinion that their best days are behind them (based on 90% of their work from POP until now) - and I've been vilified by certain people for that, but so be it.

I hope they prove me wrong and release another masterpiece.

Overall, I'm still a big fan.

paxetaurora said:
I think "The Refugee" is a pretty weak song.

There! That's critical, right? :hyper:

what the hell are you doing in a U2 forum then???

If you hate them so much, get out!!!!

Moonlit_Angel said:
A quick question-just out of sheer curiosity, why DON'T some of you like "The Refugee" or "Red Light"?

I mean, if you don't like the songs, that's fine, I'm just curious on the reasons why.

Angela

I personally dislike both these songs, I think they've aged rather poorly. In all honesty, I think alot of War sounds dated now, however it is most obivous on these two tracks.

The Refugee: the "Whoooaaaaaahhhhhha"s make me cringe...

Red Light: I've listened to War a thousand times and I really can't remember anything about this song, except for the backing vocals and trumpet. It just seems lifeless.

Back
Top Bottom