Anyone afraid to fly since what has happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
I'm flying out to Kansas to see a Kansas State football game. I have a brother who works for an airline and I have been in contract with him almost daily. The airports are really under tight security, and he tells me things should be alright. I was just wandering if anyone now is afraid to fly? I feel pretty good about going.

It's human nature to be scared!

I'm more scared of going to next week's Monday Night game at Lambeau Field. I hope nothing happens.

------------------
The purple rabbits say "hello".

YES

frown.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

My new favorite site: http://www.amtrak.com

Yeah, I know a terrorist could possibly hijack a train, but that is a risk I'm willing to take. I would rather be on a train derailing at 100 mph than smashing into a skyscraper 80 stories up aboard a commerical jet liner.

I can't believe I even have to weigh these risks.
frown.gif

Yes.

Which especially sucks when your fiance lives so far away...I'm scared to fly to visit him again.
frown.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Yep it's natural to be scared... you just have in the back of your mind that possibility of it happening. And don't think for a moment that those poor victims saw it coming, so you just have to be aware of the risks, but not totally paranoid because that wouldn't get much accomplished.

I think I said this already, but my parents were going to fly to New York for a cruise they had scheduled, which leaves from there... now it looks like they'll be driving there instead--not taking any chances. Though the chances of a car wreck are greater than the chances of a plane crash. Or this is what I've been told... granted it was before the scare.

Well, I'm confident that airline security is not overlooking a thing at this moment, infact this could be the safest time to fly ever, really.

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
I'm flying out to Kansas to see a Kansas State football game. I have a brother who works for an airline and I have been in contract with him almost daily. The airports are really under tight security, and he tells me things should be alright. I was just wandering if anyone now is afraid to fly? I feel pretty good about going.

First off...KState football sucks. Their fans have no clue about college football history and they will go back obscurity once Bill Snyder retires.

With that being said...where are you flying from? Are you flying into Kansas City International airport? Even before the WTC/Pentgon attacks happened, I thought they had really good security. It was pretty common to see the bomb-sniffing dogs walking through the terminal already and the staff seemed competent. It was also normal to have your carry-on bag scrutinized pretty closely. Personally, I refuse to allow any extremist cockroach group to stop me from doing anything---especially traveling.

NOPE,not one bit. My hope was that it would be "super-cheap" to fly or maybe they would be givin quad-druple FFmiles... or at the very least have me sit by the 'suspious lookin folk ' on all my plane rides.I would kill them w/my weak "diamondjokes" All would be safe then...and afterwards I would STEAL THEIR PEANUTS...Late

Diamond
bruno

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-19-2001).]

People I loved died in a freak plane crash years ago but that didn't stop me from flying or enjoying my rides. What helps is a prayer I say before the plane takes off, for God to protect us. My sister used to place her hand on the plane itself (before going into the entrance where the stewards greet you) and bless the plane with the blood of Jesus Christ. I don't do that, a simple prayer works for me
smile.gif

foray

I am flying to NYC this evening for a football game in Syracuse on Saturday (no, I don't like Auburn OR Syracuse, it's for my wife) but I refuse to be scared of "The Osama"/FARTKNOCKER!!! or his stupid followers.

If they hijack, I will fight them, even if they have handguns, and yes, I can reconcile that act of violence with my beliefs.

But I also like foray's idea of the blessing of the plane, and the prayer, much like how they have the "Blessing of the (fishing) Fleet" in Destin, Florida every year.

~U2Alabama

I have always been afraid to fly. Never been on a friggin plane in my life, don't expect to start now.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I've never flown before, and I'm going to London for spring break. I know it's a while away, but still seeing what happened last week (even though the chances of that happening again are slim), I'll probably be a little freaked out.

------------------
outta my brain on the 5:15

Well, I was an Aussie in the UK when all this happened. Four days later I had to fly home...on a Muslim airline! Through the Middle East!! ahhh!!!!!!!!!!

But really, if you are gonna fly anytime, now is the safest. The security is massive and the flight got me home safe and sound
smile.gif
I tried not to think about things too much basically...

Jon

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom