Any big bands ever copy a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Pet Shop Boys did a remake of one of their songs. I don't know if you'd call them "Big" though! LOL

Isn't there also a U2 tribute album? I have to say I usually gringe when others do their songs....

ramblin rose said:
The Dead's cover of One. Pretty awesome.

I've heard that, and it's real good.

I think Edge singing SBS has been mislabeled as Sublime and Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins.

Luka Bloom's version of "Bad" on the album "Keeper of the Flame" is magical.

Luka rocks. ~Ultra

Hang on - Keocmb, when did they Radiohead cover SBS :ohmy: ? I need to find that!! - got any concert dates please? Ta muchly.

Last edited:
The smashing pumpkins did perform "Stay" live, Third Eye Blind performed "I will Follow/Gloria" in concert.

Counting Crows have done "I will follow" too. The only good cover of a U2 song in my opinion is Johnny Cash's version of One, which is incredible.

But Tiffany's version of New Year's day is hilarious. She did it with some scary German industrial band.

I remember Therapy? did a very sarcastic version of With or Without You on a christmas single years ago.

I'd love to hear a Harn N' Phirm bluegrass medley like they did with Radiohead. Genius.

MrBrau1 said:
Johnny Cash recorded One. He stole it from them. His version is better than U2's.

If you think that then you never heard Bono sing it with a full orchestra behind him. However, to be fair, I never heard Johnny Cash's version. I need to check that out. One was meant to be played with an orchestra.

Last edited:
lets not forget the excerable Clay Aiken's Where the streets have no name. Jaysus Hieronymous Chsist.

KMFDM did a cover of Mysterious Ways... Wasn't my cup of tea. And yes, those versions of SBS are mislabeled, although Smashing Pumpkins live cover of Stay is pretty cool. You know what I was thinking? It's only a matter of time before P. Diddy or one of those rap people sample a U2 song... That will be depressing...

Anirban said:
It's only a matter of time before P. Diddy or one of those rap people sample a U2 song... That will be depressing...

Sorry Anirban, best avoid the singles section in your local music shop for a bit then - LMC Vs U2 "Take Me To The Clouds Above" samples WOWY. released early this year.

It's :barf: . AVOID. ~Ultra

I heard Cher's cover of I still haven't found... :no:
Pet shop boys cover of Where the streets have no name :shrug:
Johnny Cash's cover of One :up: GREAT job
(and just this week) Joe Cocker covered One :no: :no:

dc talk does a live cover of 40 and theres a whole cd of u2 covers called In the Name of Love that goes to aids benefit that has a few good u2 covers

i've just download the shittiest choir-techno remix ever.pride,by c&c music factory.

sounds like spice girls feat. donna summer feat. backstreet boys

Since i`m Ducth i know that Kane played WOWY, was a good effort but there is nobody on the planet who could play it better than U2!

Back
Top Bottom