An interferencer heard 3 new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:
Actually it's quite possible to get more excellent melodies (from a person who's learning an instrument) from Piano rather than Guitar :yes: because in guitar you are VERY limited by the amount of chords you know, and the first ones are always D-A-E (Like Desire) and then C and G. Next some minor chords as Am, Em, etc. With a few months (or weeks, depending on person's abiliby) F and B. Latter the first # chords as A#, G# most difficult ones as D#, C#, etc

So from a beginner it's very predictable what he has to do for a guitar based melody: C-G ... could be one part, and the chorus Am-D-Em-G... that's all. :|

But in Piano it's a completely different word, because first you learn the chord C, with just white keys (1-3-5), and if you put those 3 fingers exactly to the next white keys (2-4-6) you have a Dm, and then (3-5-7) Em, then F, then G, then Am and finally... a very special chord with the notes B-D-F (I love the sound of the combination B-F, it's an open chord of mistery, to lead somewhere :yes:

And you have another point: if you play a bit with the piano and you make a "C" with 1-2-5 instead, you have another chord with a wonderful sound, and if you play 2-3-5, another one, etc. So without being a pianist and JUST PLAYING white keys (Black ones are #) you can create several fantastic melodies :heart: something you can't with a little guitar knowedge

:wave:

:yes:

Zootlesque said:

No. Headache 'whipes' his ass with Mercy. Don't you know? :tsk:

Well I thought Headache had maybe learnt how to spell 'wipe.' :tsk:

I have heard 5 brand new U2 song snippets :wink: They're going to blow your mind away, they will make you jump up and down, they will remind you of 234,543 other songs even if you haven't heard that many songs.

U2 start to incorporate more and more Frank Zappa into its music and I for one like it

I hope they will take my advise and let Richard James produce the next album and ask Joe Satriani to help Edge create a new sound (new just for U2 of course and not fo rmusic in general)

Back
Top Bottom