Amazon.com Album Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
I thought it was/is? the album cover because I remember someone saying a while ago the band is sitting on the cover pic.

I hope it isn't, though - it would equal October as their worst cover pic ever.

I agree, except it would be worse than October because the atmosphere of that pic is absolutely nothing like the the atmosphere of Vertigo and the clips of the other songs...when I saw the pic, I just thought 'tired and boring'.

However the Vertigo cover I most disliked turned out to be the real one, so who knows... :(

Shaizari said:
on the u2.com website, they're advertising a calendar, could that be the front cover for the albuml, it reminds me of ATYCLB's cover - black and white but beautifully thoughtful.

I agree this could be the cover.

AllBecauseofYou said:
I read somewhere that they would have clouds overhead...like (mushroom clouds) oh well...we'll see!

Where did you hear that?

Lancemc said:

what's this have to do with the album cover?

nothing at all I just could not find a better place to ask my question :) I thought I saw in another forum where NME had compared the new songs to some U2's other work. So to stay on topic I am not too worried what the album cover turns out to be.....I just want whats inside the case to blow my mind....which I am confident it will.

majid23 said:
P.S. There was a recent post about the font used for Vertigo...I think it was called Clarendon Medium...Anyways, does anyone have the link to that post?...Thanks [/B]

Just Look in the topic "Vertigo font" or "HTDAAB/Vertigo font" in EYKIW

why wouldn't that be the cover? it seems official, and if a credible site like amazon.com posted it...then it is real. plus, they pulled it, meaning they weren't supposed to show it yet.
i don;t know what you guys are talking about, I like it. it has that "classic album" look.

lew07 said:
why wouldn't that be the cover? it seems official, and if a credible site like amazon.com posted it...then it is real. plus, they pulled it, meaning they weren't supposed to show it yet.
i don;t know what you guys are talking about, I like it. it has that "classic album" look.

U2.com would announce it first. They're not just going to let Amazon.com post it before anyone else without fanfare. They pulled it because 1. it's not the cover and 2. it's shit and Edge looks like a perverted stoner.

lew07 said:

It wouldn't be credible as Amazon don't even have the right songs/tracklist !

Artwork

play.com wouldn't have the artwork before anyone.. and you can tell it's not a high res version just lifted from the net somewhere b/c it's a crap quality.

everything on Amazon is completely automated.. people at the HQ can manipulate anything on the site if they really want.. but just so everyone here understands how it works, I will explain

Artwork is supplied and uploaded by the label. Amazon can do this themselves too, so it's possible that this is how the wrong (or 'Assumed' wrong artwork got up, someone did it as a joke or got their hands on something and either uploaded it or had someone at Amazon do it)

Track listings are also sent from the label either to Amazon direct (if they are requested) otherwise, they are supplied by this company called Loudeye, once they upload it to their service.. it's automatically uploaded to Amazon. We supply loudeye with CDs and they take it from there or email us for the info. Occasionally Amazon will want us to give it to them in advance and if we are willing to do that, we will. Otherwise (like in the example of U2's tracklisting where they had it wrong at first on one of their foreign Amazon sites) it's someone at Amazon reading our boards or the rumors on the internet.

All of the info, which in the music business is called the "sku" where it's Artist, Album Title, Suggested List Price, UPC, Catalog Number, etc is all supplied by the onestop AEC to Amazon.... this is also done when the label decides they want that info up.. which we usually do about 6-8 weeks ahead of time.. but if it's a big deal like U2, where people are expecting TONS of preorders.. they will do it earlier. One the sku is set up, it's automatically pops up on Amazon and then we upload the artwork from here when we are ready.

basic rundown of how it works just so people understand
so it's easy for Amazon info to be wrong and manipulated, if they are ready to post info before the label supplies it, it can happen.

Axver said:

U2.com would announce it first. They're not just going to let Amazon.com post it before anyone else without fanfare. They pulled it because 1. it's not the cover and 2. it's shit and Edge looks like a perverted stoner.

Or 3. It is the actual cover, but Amazon was not supposed to have it that quickly and they had to pull it out. I completely agree that everyone took this cover for granted way too quickly, and that there is nothing that proves us it's the real thing. But it still COULD be. It would be a very simple cover, but it's not impossible that they decided to go for something very straight-forward. I'm not a fan of artist putting their faces on album covers (except if there is an artistic design with it like JT), but I think it's a cool picture.

Anyways, at this point, no one knows.

The question is, if it's not the cover then where the hell did they get this picture from?

voxson said:
The question is, if it's not the cover then where the hell did they get this picture from?

good point...i acctualyl believe this WAS the official cover, but amazon was told not to releast it yet, as it was too early.

Lancemc said:

good point...i acctualyl believe this WAS the official cover, but amazon was told not to releast it yet, as it was too early.

Does that mean I have still have hope? I really liked it.

ramblin rose said:

Does that mean I have still have hope? I really liked it.

i think you can still have hope, i'd acctualyl bet my money that this will turn out tobe the real cover. Just look at the title, HTDAAB, i certianly didn't think that would be the title when it was being thrown around here months ago, but it turned out it is.

Same for the vertigo cover (even if it will only be the promo cover) most of us thought it was a fake but it was 100% true after all.

voxson said:
Same for the vertigo cover (even if it will only be the promo cover) most of us thought it was a fake but it was 100% true after all.

where was it confirmed that that was real? I'm not denying it, I just want to know?

Lancemc said:

where was it confirmed that that was real? I'm not denying it, I just want to know?

On Itunes
And by the way, have you looked U2.COM lately?

I hope this isn't the real cover, because they can do SO much better than that! But if it is the real thing, I suppose I can get used to it (if I have to). :|

I'd agree with you. I'm not that excited about that being the cover either but I was just looking at facts and saw that it's quite possivle.

its rant time :wink:

first, as unbelievable as it may sound, people do care about the album cover. im tired of people who constantly invade other people's threads and try to kill the thread by saying something doesnt matter, lets move on. THE ALBUM COVER MATTERS TO THE BAND, SO ITS GONNA MATTER TO US. thats not the only reason to care but its a good reason to start at.

I like the discussion bout this possible cover, but i would be shocked if that was the cover. Four5One is a hell of a lot more creative that what was showing up on amazon.com. anyone ever heard of an on-staff artist? i might go as far as believing that was a potential cover (like the rejects that were shown in the Four5One book for atyclb and best of 90-00) but, do you really think the band wants the image of themselves lookin like a dying rock group sittin on their arses bored on a porch of a retirement home to be THE PIC that lands the cover? uninspiring, and the album has so much hype and energy built up that would be wasted. even the cover of the new official calender on fanfire (photographed by corbijn) has a better chance of making the cover. how does that pic say anything about the state of confusion in the world that the band has said this album will be centered around? sure, its 'punk-esque' but un-U2. I do like the desgin myself- have it as my wallpaper, but no way should the band ever think about that cover.

I'm off my soap box now :wink: ...just had to get that off my chest :rant: :sigh:

mofo82 said:

first, as unbelievable as it may sound, people do care about the album cover. im tired of people who constantly invade other people's threads and try to kill the thread by saying something doesnt matter, lets move on. THE ALBUM COVER MATTERS TO THE BAND, SO ITS GONNA MATTER TO US. thats not the only reason to care but its a good reason to start at.

I like the discussion bout this possible cover, but i would be shocked if that was the cover. Four5One is a hell of a lot more creative that what was showing up on amazon.com. anyone ever heard of an on-staff artist? i might go as far as believing that was a potential cover (like the rejects that were shown in the Four5One book for atyclb and best of 90-00) but, do you really think the band wants the image of themselves lookin like a dying rock group sittin on their arses bored on a porch of a retirement home to be THE PIC that lands the cover? uninspiring, and the album has so much hype and energy built up that would be wasted. even the cover of the new official calender on fanfire (photographed by corbijn) has a better chance of making the cover. how does that pic say anything about the state of confusion in the world that the band has said this album will be centered around? sure, its 'punk-esque' but un-U2. I do like the desgin myself- have it as my wallpaper, but no way should the band ever think about that cover.

I'm off my soap box now :wink: ...just had to get that off my chest :rant: :sigh:

do you need a hug? :)

great now move on....

*now I should be able to post URLs yeah me*

just to cast more doubt, or maybe shed some light on the situation... your prayers were heard...patience
Amazon.co.uk site

and then make sure to click on the cover for more...

mofo82 said:

I actually totally agree with most everything mofo82 said. :yes: U2 are my band and I want them to be (or remain) the "the biggest band in the world". In doing so they should appeal to the non-U2 fans of the world as well by blowing their minds with the whole package (music, image, etc.). I always try to view the band through the eyes of non-U2 fans and ask why would you NOT love this band??! While I don't see many problems with the "theme" of the cover (kinda looks like a military manual), I do think the picture is un-inspired for a supposed classic album. :( I second the comment about sitting on their arses in a retirement home. Just change the pic and I'll be happy :D

BTW, I think Bono said the album was more personal (about his father) than overtly political. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom