All Because Of You in the UK shops!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unchainedmalady

Babyface
Don't know if this has been posted already. Can't be arsed to check, but the Canadian import CD single of ABOY, not out there till the 14th I understand, was available at HMV in Wakefield.

I got a copy at £4.99.

;-)

Actually, its "officially" released in Canada on Feb.8th (tomorrow). I was able to purchase a copy last Thursday. It pays to know someone with that kind of power. :wink:

So, are the B-sides the same as on the Sometimes You Can't... single?
And what is the coverart?

:)

It only has ONE B-side. :(

Fast Cars - Jacknife Lee Mix

The cover art is no different than you have seen from the radio promo version.

Last edited:
i have heard mercy will be included as one of the b-sides, on one of the three versions

So where is my mp3 Roland lol I am going to get them tomorrow anyway!

So this

pr054-01.jpg

is the coverart?

And the one b-side is the Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix)?

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:
So is it obvious then that All Because Of You will be the next single in Europe, and Sometimes..in the US? Or is that just me being too simple!:wink:

Maybe, maybe not. Here's how it worked for ATYCLB.

Single #1: Beautiful Day
Single #2: Walk On (Canada)/Stuck (ROW)
Single #3: Elevation
Single #4: Stuck (Canada)/Walk On (ROW)

Aardvark747 said:
So is it obvious then that All Because Of You will be the next single in Europe, and Sometimes..in the US? Or is that just me being too simple!:wink:

:confused: I thought Because will be the new single in US, isn't it already on MTV US and TRL?

Sometimes is the new single here and rest of the world.

U2girl said:

:confused: I thought Because will be the new single in US, isn't it already on MTV US and TRL?

Sometimes is the new single here and rest of the world.

Aardvark meant after this round of ABOY (Canada)/SYCMIOYO (ROW).

Personally, for the 25th anniversary single, I'm hoping for COBL. "The more you see, the less you know/The less you find out as you go/I knew much more then than I do now."

1. COBL
2. 11 O'clock Tick Tock (re-recorded)
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh, that.
Well if Because... is already in UK shops, maybe it and Sometimes can switch each other now and we'll get the 4th single later.

(I hope it's Original, but I think they might go with the Drug)

Last edited:
I thought Sometimes would be the "25th anniversary" single :shrug:

I don't know, I think they'd have to cut way too much of City to make it a good single.

U2girl said:
I thought Sometimes would be the "25th anniversary" single :shrug:

I don't know, I think they'd have to cut way too much of City to make it a good single.

I'm starting to suspect it will be COBL - and they won't edit it, or only slightly at the start and end. The lyrics suit, and Bono has told the story about how it's when they first went to London and New York, obviously promoting themselves back at year zero.

I love COBL so I hope I'm right!

May very well be OOTS, though. Either COBL or OOTS, in my opinion.

And you have to admit, whether you're a big fan of the song or not, Miracle Drug is built to be a single as well. There are 5 singles here easy.

Axver said:

Maybe, maybe not. Here's how it worked for ATYCLB.

Single #1: Beautiful Day
Single #2: Walk On (Canada)/Stuck (ROW)
Single #3: Elevation
Single #4: Stuck (Canada)/Walk On (ROW)

So for the 25th anniversary - we can/should expect a single worldwide release, I would think of either Miracle Drug or City Of Blinding Lights ?! For my money OOTS doesn't cut it as a commercial release - but appreciate others may have a different view.

BTW- I do not think different single releases in different territories works at all, certainly not during the ATYCLB campaign, and I suspect the same for Bomb.

Mike

Mike

Aardvark747 said:
Btw...what date will the 25th Anniversary be?:eyebrow:

The 11 O'clock Tick Tock single, U2's first release on Island, came out on 23 May 1980.

I'm really hoping to hear that song at Boston I on 24 May ... :drool: :drool:

And on the topic of OOTS, Bono's essentially implied it will definitely be a single.

Axver said:

The 11 O'clock Tick Tock single, U2's first release on Island, came out on 23 May 1980.

I'm really hoping to hear that song at Boston I on 24 May ... :drool: :drool:

And on the topic of OOTS, Bono's essentially implied it will definitely be a single.

BIG mistake- not radio friendly at all !

Mike

mikeuk said:

BIG mistake- not radio friendly at all !

Mike

Does anyone have the actual quote? I think Bono said something like it was the type of song that would rocket up the charts and be a hit.

I really hope they don't release it as the 25th anniversary single, if they do release it. I feel the history behind COBL makes it the most apt, even if there are concerns about its radio-friendliness.

Back
Top Bottom