Album leak soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DO you really think the album is going to leak early or are you just being optimistic?

Remember, Vertigo didn't leak until Sept 23. (only a few hours before scheduled release).

What would make the album security different from that of the Vertigo single?

I still think the band should release some snippets to us fans in the inteference forums. If EDGE has been looking at these forums maybe he can squeek by a 15 sec snippet of a song we have yet to hear from the album. Hell even one we have heard would be great.

i dont want to hear anymore...
so far we've got (incl beach recordings) vertigo, miracle drug, COBL ABOY, original, loave and peace or else - thats like half the album already

i dont want more otherwise there'll be nothing left to hear when it comes out

Singles rarely leak very early... albums, however, often get out much sooner. Like was said, they have to print whole craploads of them well in advance. I doubt htdaab will leak as early as atyclb did, but it will leak.. i would say a week early, hopefully more. we shall see.

digsy said:
so far we've got (incl beach recordings) vertigo, miracle drug, COBL ABOY, original, loave and peace or else - thats like half the album already

I want more!

The clips we've gotten have been crap quality (except Vertigo of course). When the album comes out, the songs will be just as special, if not more, because we will get to hear it in full quality. I listend to the Vertigo beach clip. The final version was so much more powerful. We're going to have that same reaction when we hear the original versions of the other clips.

boosterjuice said:
DO you really think the album is going to leak early or are you just being optimistic?

Remember, Vertigo didn't leak until Sept 23. (only a few hours before scheduled release).

What would make the album security different from that of the Vertigo single?

The album is sent to the media so that they can write reviews prior to the album release. If the album would leak, it would be from one of those advanced copies, which is usually what has happened in the past. Sept 23 was the radio release date of the single so there was nothing to send in advance.

consider the option that it might be on itunes early. in the clip of the apple announce ment it said the newe album would be "exclusivley" on itunes. i think itll leak to itunes on the 16, around the same time the u2 ipod ships. ~makes sense.

VertiGone said:

The album is sent to the media so that they can write reviews prior to the album release. If the album would leak, it would be from one of those advanced copies, which is usually what has happened in the past. Sept 23 was the radio release date of the single so there was nothing to send in advance.

That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for clearing that up. So, I guess I can be optimistic about an early leak!

digsy said:

pff

just dont listen to it then

lew07 said:
i think itll leak to itunes on the 16, around the same time the u2 ipod ships. ~makes sense.

It does to me too. But i dont think it will happen. the U2 Digital Box set is not out until (atleast i read) Late November...that seems to early for me....it would be great, but the iTunes wont be out until the album is.

One of the things that I learned in my botched Interscope Records experience yesterday was that label reps were getting their "personal" advanced copies on November 17th. So for what that's worth...

james

James U2 said:
One of the things that I learned in my botched Interscope Records experience yesterday was that label reps were getting their "personal" advanced copies on November 17th. So for what that's worth...

james

James, did you have a friend of yours at the album play yesterday? if so what did they think of it??

Jim said:

James, did you have a friend of yours at the album play yesterday? if so what did they think of it??

No, unfortunately I didn't know anyone who was there. I was supposed to have taken the place of my friend, the editor of the Dallas Music Guide, who was out of town (to see a now cancelled morrissey show in houston. i like morrissey, but man he cancels alot of shows. but i digress.).

So sadly, it looks like "professional" reviews are all we still have to go by, at least for another week or so.

james

WE WANT LEAK..........WE WANT LEAK.........WE WANT LEAK..........(NO MORE BUSH).......................WE WANT LEAK................WE WANT LEAK...............:mad:

Dragonfave said:
WE WANT LEAK..........WE WANT LEAK.........WE WANT LEAK..........(NO MORE BUSH).......................WE WANT LEAK................WE WANT LEAK...............:mad:

rjhbonovox said:

Yeah but who wants to listen to that crap! Come on leak album bloody well leak!!!!!!!

it means that if em's cd leaked this week, when the release date is a week before u2's album release, u2's album might leak next week

and btw, eminem just released his second single video from the cd and its actually pretty good (you can see it on iTunes).. its more like his other dark songs (stan, cleanin out my closet, sing for the moment, lose yourself).. much better than the crap called just lose it

Are you even sure you heard M & Ms new album?

C'mon, his new video is already history. . ."Guess who's back. . ." That's codswallow!!! Any original artist could do better and our favorite "melts in your mouth" artist is doing exactly that -- running off a huge campaign for candy to get recognition and then using old material to help his fans relate to his new!!!!

Guess who's back. . .c'mon, I don't care! If I don't know my fav artist is back and others don't know then maybe I should try something new.

U2 is back and we love it. They don't have to start out again with the intro to "Streets" for me to know that they are back with a phat new single. We know that and the rest of the world knows U2 when U2 is around.

my $.02

Acro. . .

But then again look at Eminem's audience. Every person I know that likes Eminem has some sort of mental disability\disadvantage. I don't think they'll even notice if the new songs suck or not.

Acrobatic said:
Are you even sure you heard M & Ms new album?

C'mon, his new video is already history. . ."Guess who's back. . ." That's codswallow!!! Any original artist could do better and our favorite "melts in your mouth" artist is doing exactly that -- running off a huge campaign for candy to get recognition and then using old material to help his fans relate to his new!!!!

Guess who's back. . .c'mon, I don't care! If I don't know my fav artist is back and others don't know then maybe I should try something new.

U2 is back and we love it. They don't have to start out again with the intro to "Streets" for me to know that they are back with a phat new single. We know that and the rest of the world knows U2 when U2 is around.

my $.02

Acro. . .

i never said i liked his first video, i thought it was horrible ("just lose it"), but "mosh" is pretty good (very anti bush)

Just to give you all a heads up, a friend of mine who road managed for Janes Addiction has told me he's heard the album and is really blown away by the "sound" of it. He also told me he wouldn't be surprised if the album was leaked sometime in the next few days. In fact he mentioned that some of the songs may already be on the net under "different names". I've known him for 7 years and I know he never bullshits. In fact he's the one who got me an early copy of the last album. I'm trying to see if he can get me something to hear. I'll keep you all posted.

I never BS.

As a fan since 1985, I take U2 very seriously, especially when I have to hear JET, The Strokes etc. on the radio over, over again.

Back
Top Bottom